Player Discussion: #TavaresWatch: It's Over. Thomas Hickey, come get the Stanley Cup! (Warning #2834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
No he's not God. It is though if you have no idea if your franchise center is staying or going which is pretty apparent right now. The islanders took a huge gamble thanks to Garth freaking Snow and lost big time. Will they recover from this ye probably as I have faith in Lou but it's gonna take a lot more time now.

Snow would have been in charge and he would have gotten a very bad yield for one year of JT... we can't use the Delorean to measure this

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
I don't remember Tavares requesting to not be traded at the deadline and I wouldn't have traded him if he was 50/50. But considering we've upgraded our coach and GM/President and he's still undecided tells me that there's no way he was really undecided when we had Weight/Snow at the helm.

So we've been played.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Snow would have been in charge and he would have gotten a very bad yield for one year of JT... we can't use the Delorean to measure this
So it's better to get nothing then something. Interesting logic there. Snow a first rounder and a good prospect at the least but hey better offer taking a huge chance then getting some valuable assets in return at least

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
So it's better to get nothing then something. Interesting logic there. Snow a first rounder and a good prospect at the least but hey better offer taking a huge chance then getting some valuable assets in return at least

I would rather take my chances and sign JT, even if we get nothing for him... we probably keep Snow and Weight if JT was traded

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I don't remember Tavares requesting to not be traded at the deadline and I wouldn't have traded him if he was 50/50. But considering we've upgraded our coach and GM/President and he's still undecided tells me that there's no way he was really undecided when we had Weight/Snow at the helm.

So we've been played.
Certainly seems that way.

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)
Right now ANYTHING could be going on. For all we know Tavares has already agreed in principle to the Isles 8 year deal and they are continuing to hammer out the details. Nothing has been leaked.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

So we've been played.

Staple reported.

Reactions: isles55

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Right now ANYTHING could be going on. For all we know Tavares has already agreed in principle to the Isles 8 year deal and they are continuing to hammer out the details. Nothing has been leaked.

It's true, he could be asking for Matt Moulson to be signed and Cappy to be on the bench

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
Is Tavares a huge part of this team? Yes. That being said, the kids might have something to prove if he leaves, and we would be very well under the cap to take care of some business next year. I want him to stay, but him deciding to leave wouldn’t be the end of the world in 2 years. If I had a choice between keeping snow, weight, and JT...or trading all 3 for LL and Trotz, I would do it every time. That’s how I’m looking at this if he leaves.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
if he re-signs? easily better than that return

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

So we've been played.

he said he didn't want to be traded, confirmed

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Is Tavares a huge part of this team? Yes. That being said, the kids might have something to prove if he leaves, and we would be very well under the cap to take care of some business next year. I want him to stay, but him deciding to leave wouldn’t be the end of the world in 2 years. If I had a choice between keeping snow, weight, and JT...or trading all 3 for LL and Trotz, I would do it every time. That’s how I’m looking at this if he leaves.

The Isles were not going to fire that combo of Snow/Weight... so that is a huge saving grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad