Tavares or RNH?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
agreed, but ill say he shouldnt be in the NHL this season based on his strength alone, if the oilers are smart theyll bring him into the lineup when hes physically mature enough to fight and hold his ice against bigger opponents as opposed to relying 100% on his agility to find space.

in the case of tavares vs hopkins there is a video of tavares training prior to his first NHL season and the weight he is pushing on all the major lifts (squat, deadlift, power clean, bench) was very impressive. he was no doubt NHL ready. hopkins on the other hand could definitely use another year in junior and time with the oilers strength and conditioning staff.

I think he'd be able to be a solid player in the NHL already, especially given his defensive skills, but he definitely wouldn't be what you'd expect from a 1st overall pick. He'd probably be a Gagner who can play defense. I feel that if RNH was physically average in size (for an NHL player), he would be a stronger 1st overall than either Hall or Tavares.

I agree and I hope he gets sent down too (at this point). We'll see what happens in the preseason. If he tears it up and isn't physically outmatched, it'd be hard to argue making him play against kids again when he could be learning against men.

malkovsby

Sep 4, 2009
BC
I think he'd be able to be a solid player in the NHL already, especially given his defensive skills, but he definitely wouldn't be what you'd expect from a 1st overall pick. He'd probably be a Gagner who can play defense. I feel that if RNH was physically average in size (for an NHL player), he would be a stronger 1st overall than either Hall or Tavares.

I agree and I hope he gets sent down too (at this point). We'll see what happens in the preseason. If he tears it up and isn't physically outmatched, it'd be hard to argue making him play against kids again when he could be learning against men.

the worst nightmare of every oil fan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3