Tavares or RNH?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Tavares, and that's coming from one of the biggest RNH fans around.

Ruslan Zainullin

Aug 2, 2011
I like RNH a lot but Tavares was a better prospect - and it looks like he will reach his expected potential. I guess it depends a lot on linemates/chemistry, but both teams have pretty good young players.

wat

65 points in 67 games his first year is hardly anything to write home about, and lets face it, a lot of guys have scored 106 points in a WHL season. so yeah, i stand by my comment, RNH has had one ok year in the dub.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Tavares, way higher upside.

I bet if RNH was in the 2009 class, he would have been selected 4th, behind Tavares, Hedman and Duchene.

This isn't fair to RNH to compare him to such a superior player/prospect.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Too early to tell but the easy money is on Tavares. If RNH and Hall gain chemistry RNH could score more just because he has better linemates. Tavares will always be the better goal scorer, but I expect RNH to be the better assist man.

Yitz

May 9, 2009
Too early to tell but the easy money is on Tavares. If RNH and Hall gain chemistry RNH could score more just because he has better linemates. Tavares will always be the better goal scorer, but I expect RNH to be the better assist man.

I wouldn't expect RNH to be better than Tavares at anything.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Tavares' playmaking is highly underrated. He should be a better assist man than RNH.

RNH will have Hall and Eberle on his wings in all likelihood and has incredible vision, he could easily be the better assist guy. Tavares will most likely be the better overall player but it's not far fetched to think that RNH will get more assists in his career.
I love how underrated this kid is.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

I bet if RNH was in the 2009 class, he would have been selected 4th, behind Tavares, Hedman and Duchene.

This. Great post.

I wouldn't expect RNH to be better than Tavares at anything.

Then you're being obtuse. RNH is likely already better than Tavares at certain things.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
RNH will have Hall and Eberle on his wings in all likelihood and has incredible vision, he could easily be the better assist guy. Tavares will most likely be the better overall player but it's not far fetched to think that RNH will get more assists in his career.
I love how underrated this kid is.

Tavares will have Nino, Strome and potentially Kabanov...not that big of a downgrade on Hall, Eberle and MPS.

Tavares is just a superior talent.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Tavares will have Nino, Strome and potentially Kabanov...not that big of a downgrade on Hall, Eberle and MPS.

Tavares is just a superior talent.

All of those guys are a big downgrade from Hall imo.

Last edited:

Destiny

Apr 9, 2011
RNH can definitely be a better assist man then Tavares. But thats probably it.
RNH will be a very good player dont get me wrong at all, but I dont feel he has the ability to take over a game or make players around him better as good as Tavares has, and will only continue to do.

BLAME CANADA*

Are you really trying to sugar coat this?.... it's hands down easily Tavares. Better comparison would be be Hall or Tavares and I'd pick the Oiler on that one.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!

I'd actually suspect he'd go 5th behind Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad