Tavares or RNH?

Ruslan Zainullin

Aug 2, 2011
Tavares, 100 out of 100 times. all time leading goal scorer in the ohl vs a guy who has had one ok year in the dub. no brainer.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Tavares everday of the week. Tavares is going to be superstar and I think RNH will be as good as say, Derek Roy (not bad at all). Though, Ive seen way to little of RNH to really give a fair judgement so probably should shut up about it til ive seen him play in NHL.

How has hes camp been btw? will he take a spot or is it another year for him in the WHL? he will atleast play the 9 games I guess?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
How has hes camp been btw? will he take a spot or is it another year for him in the WHL? he will atleast play the 9 games I guess?

I think the Oilers would be stupid to keep him up. he might be skilled enough to play int he NHL but I would worry about him getting an injury/concussion with his small stature

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I like RNH a lot but Tavares was a better prospect - and it looks like he will reach his expected potential. I guess it depends a lot on linemates/chemistry, but both teams have pretty good young players.

Tavares, 100 out of 100 times. all time leading goal scorer in the ohl vs a guy who has had one ok year in the dub. no brainer.

wat

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
Right now fans know what they have in Tavares and can envision further growth. RNH ? Who knows at this point, nobody really except possibly the players at camp. But I would have taken Tavares over RNH if they were in the same draft class. Tavares is labeled a franchise player (draft year) and RNH was labeled a top player. So IMO, RNH has a lot to prove before his game is compared to Tavares. Hall is a much better comparison to Taveras

4thliner*

RNH has to make an NHL team 1st and have a better than decent year rookie season as an 18 year old like Tavares.

That said, Tavares rookie numbers at 18 of 24 g and 54 pts over 82 gp can be done. Heck Jeff Skinner bested him just a year later with 31 g and 63 pts in 82 games.

Maybe it will be Landeskog, maybe Zibanejad, maybe RNH, or Huberdeau.

If RHN makes the Oilers who are desperate for top 2 line C and PP pivot, why not? 54 pts isn't out of reach running with Hall and Eberle on the 1st line

Destiny

Apr 9, 2011
One player has shown that he can, and will be a superstar in this league. The other has yet to skate in a NHL game yet, and has been touted as the worst 1st overall pick since E.Johnson....take your pick.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
As a fan of RNH and Edmonton, I would trade him for Tavares in a second. And not just because Tavares is a more mature prospect.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
RNH has to make an NHL team 1st and have a better than decent year rookie season as an 18 year old like Tavares.

That said, Tavares rookie numbers at 18 of 24 g and 54 pts over 82 gp can be done. Heck Jeff Skinner bested him just a year later with 31 g and 63 pts in 82 games.

Maybe it will be Landeskog, maybe Zibanejad, maybe RNH, or Huberdeau.

If RHN makes the Oilers who are desperate for top 2 line C and PP pivot, why not? 54 pts isn't out of reach running with Hall and Eberle on the 1st line

Your stats are wrong............

Tavares born SEPT 20 2000.

His 18 year old season was 08/09 OHL

56GM 58G 46A 1.8PPG

PP Pivot:
Omarks down low side board play was sick. after Hall gagner, and hemsky were gone. the PP improved.

Right now Tavares goal scoring set him apart.

RNH hopefully plays his 18 year old season in WHL.
RNH recognized at oiler prospect camp that scoring goals is his weakness.
A year in the WHL racking up goals and getting getting a PPG rate ahead of Tavares would change my opinion.
I would like to see him join the NHL @ 19 like:
Hall
Tavares
Kane
Ovechkin
E. Staal

If RNH advances his scoring game in WHL he could be a 30G 45A center.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Obviously Tavares will be the choice now because he is already succeeding in the NHL, lets talk again in 3 years and re-visit this thread.
I think Tavares will wind up better but i think that RNH is being sold short AGAIN in this thread by some, we'll see.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Obviously Tavares will be the choice now because he is already succeeding in the NHL, lets talk again in 3 years and re-visit this thread.
I think Tavares will wind up better but i think that RNH is being sold short AGAIN in this thread by some, we'll see.

Tavares would still be the obvious choice if he and RNH were both 18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad