Tavares in Arizona

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Pretty much every free agent signing is an over payment until you consider that multiple teams are offering similar contract, that kinda makes tgem market value. The players routinely don't live up to them. I might have been a bit off on Stamkos going off memory:

Toronto’s top management brass, the city’s Mayor, and several other key figureheads in the sports community, including corporate executives, reportedly met with Stamkos during the last week of June in an attempt to lure him to the Maple Leafs.
According to multiple sources with knowledge of those meetings, the Maple Leafs were preparing to offer Stamkos a seven-year, $73.5 million contract, which would have paid him $10.5 million, per season.
I agree UFA's are over paid in general because of the CBA. You get the player without giving up assets other then cap space which is a very valuable asset. We don't know who else or how much was bid for Clarkson/Lucic. I am sure there were others with interest but who knows what the bids were, if any. I thought the Oilers and leafs both acted quickly, going by memory. I am sure the Leafs offered Stamkos a contract, just don't think it was 30% higher.

I hope we sign under 3 mill a year UFA's too not much term (like Richardson), or we pay up for a 1C like Taveres. I hope we stay away from the 5 mill+ mid range UFA's. I think cap space is so important, we are going to see a gap in salary structure/UFA signings. The Lucic/Clarkson/Seabrook contracts will be a thing of the past.

Side note, I have been to Canada many times, I like it, the culture and people (not the weather).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Talked to someone today who was on a flight from Toronto to PHX, sitting next to Tavares. I have no way to verify and no further details, but feel free to let your imagination run wild...
IF Tavares ever signed with the Coyotes it would be almost a big a deal as Gretzky being dealt to LA.

Reactions: Murf

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Talked to someone today who was on a flight from Toronto to PHX, sitting next to Tavares. I have no way to verify and no further details, but feel free to let your imagination run wild...
Wouldn’t that be illegal? I didn’t think they could talk with other teams yet.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
An NHL player left his hometown where the weather is unseasonably poop for the sun after his season ended, color me shocked!!! And long before he can officially meet with the team where he was headed. Golf trip after season.

Reactions: Murf and Jakey53

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
RT said on Ice Breakers that if he could make a wishlist for the off season and Tocchet said Tavares. Albeit he was asked to "go big" on his wishlist. He also commented on needing another center, depth defenseman and scoring winger.

Win Dahlin, get Tavares... Aaaand then I woke up

Reactions: Sthlmyote and MIG

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Yeah...I don't know how a thread of Tavares to Arizona actually made it to 3 pages. Unbelievable.

A broad open carry claim, albeit in a State which allows concealed carry, sans permit, and has for almost a decade. Couple that with replying to one's self repeatedly and voilà!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Teammate of former Coyote Brett MacLean in Oshawa
Teammate of current Coyote Zac Rinaldo in London
Teammate of current Coyote and Gastropub Trespasser Richard Panik with the Islanders

Too many linkages to name....

Tavares to AZ!!

Reactions: Jakey53 and RABBIT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad