Tavares in Arizona

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
what are the chances that Tavares signs with the coyotes in the off season? They have a ton of cap room young players on the rise, and a quiet media to. What are your thoughts on the possibility ?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
0% chance.

He has a few big reasons to leave the Islanders:

1. Unstable ownership situation
2. Uncertain arena situation
3. Lack of on-ice success

All of those also apply here.

I suspect we would 31/31 on his list. This is the last nhl team he would consider. Not going to happen.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Tavares will be looking for financial payday and chance to win Cup from a stable franchise. No matter how much value you put on each of the 3 I see no way AZ can be on the top of any list.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We have two ties with Barroway and his skating coach. You can make the case if an arena is announced before July.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Tavares, in order to get a max contract and be on a cup contender will need to sign with a team loaded with entry level high end talent. He can't go on a mature team without putting them in cap hell and losing too much surrounding talent. He could make Vegas a contender. We match this criteria. We won't be at the top of his list, but won't be at the bottom either.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Tavares, in order to get a max contract and be on a cup contender will need to sign with a team loaded with entry level high end talent. He can't go on a mature team without putting them in cap hell and losing too much surrounding talent. He could make Vegas a contender. We match this criteria. We won't be at the top of his list, but won't be at the bottom either.
We will be in the "snowballs chance in hell" list.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Why would he leave his present home for AZ?? Get the Islanders a goalie and they are probably in the playoffs.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Resigned with his team.
That was just too obvious!!! I thought I was missing something?? Not sure I see Tavares staying with the Islanders because of uncertain future and complete lack of success and direction. But who knows really??

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We're not getting Tavares. I know that. I still don't think that we are the worst place for him to land.

Late edit - I had a brain freeze and wrote Stamkos instead of Tavares.

Last edited:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I doubt Taveras would be interested, but I also doubt that we are the last on his list. I do not see him re-signing with the Isles though since this is his chance to somewhat choose where he goes.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I think the chances of Tavares signing here are much greater than what most have said. I give it 1/10th of 1%. Much greater than 0%! A better chance than us winning the Stanley Cup this year...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad