Post-Game Talk: Tavares Day Delivers: Leafs win 5-2

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This is what Babcock has to keep doing. Keep rotating those depth pieces once in awhile. Keep them at least somewhat game fresh for when injuries hit come playoff time.

I don't know how Moore gets out of the lineup though. He's been way too good.

Leafs should try to sign Moore long term for cheap. He clearly has potential. If Hyman can be a 40 point guy, no reason Moore can’t. He’s got jam and play making abilities. Get this guy signed before he blows up offensively.

Never mind. Already signed cheap till 20-21.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That Lindholm trade is worth it just for Moore being on the lineup now. Petan is an added bonus that could become something.

This game proved that much

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
D0s4fPFUcAEIyb8.png

this is is the look of a man who knows that this is how the Toronto rivalry is going to go for awhile
Unfortunately it’s the same look half our guys have playing against Boston

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Marleau, I thought played pretty well, he looked engaged most of the night. I don't wanna rag on Brown too much but he's just...so vanilla out there. One thing I'd like to see him do is finish his checks. if he's not scoring or producing offense he needs to do something to get engaged. There were a few times tonight where he just kind of slowed into a defender and didn't do much to take the puck off.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Petan is exactly what this team was missing. A huge man with a massive frame that can create space with his intense size and borderline supernatural strength.

Reactions: egd27

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
why do people think that if a goalie makes some awesome saves ,it's "bailing" out the team?? YOU ARE A GOALIE!! you are supposed to make awesome saves. So, with that logic, the Canadiens, Islanders, and Oilers were terrible for making Ken Dryden, Billy Smith, and Grant Fuhr make those awesome saves all the time!? I don't understand.
Yea tbh I don’t get that either. A goalie that only makes the saves you expect is basically an NHL backup. Most NHL starters bail their teams out a couple times each game. Andersen this year has been truly outstanding, but I actually think this was one of his weaker games.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Moore actually reminds me of Kapanens dad.

This guy will be a awesome low cap player you can basically move anywhere in the lineup because he has a pretty diversified skillset.

Whatever scout sold the Leafs on grabbing him deserves a raise.

Last edited:

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Leafs should try to sign Moore long term for cheap. He clearly has potential. If Hyman can be a 40 point guy, no reason Moore can’t. He’s got jam and play making abilities. Get this guy signed before he blows up offensively.

Never mind. Already signed cheap till 20-21.
Moore has talent/skill to go with the motor...Zachary just has the motor.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Petan is exactly what this team was missing. A huge man with a massive frame that can create space with his intense size and borderline supernatural strength.

He's super-human, massive, he's not the petAntman for nothing...:sarcasm:

Last edited:

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Trevor Moore, what a motor on that kid.
Passes the eye test. Reminds me of how Kapenen and Mango came out of the gate. Kid just looks like he belongs.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Mango - Matthews - Nylander
Moore - Kadri - Kapenen
Marleau - Goat - Ennis

Can easily roll these 4 lines in the playoffs for balance. Snipers on every line. Speed to burn.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Do we not have any mods on the main boards? How is the Tavares overrated thread still open but they closed my copy cap price one WHEN he got pulled today for playing like shit. But Tavares scores thread still open

It's embarrassing how little mod support we get while being the biggest fanbase with the most active users

Last edited:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Moore needs to be a staple on the 4th line, along side Gauthier. Both these guys arent actually afraid to hit and throw checks, which the Leafs desperately lack.

Even our little guy Ennis has some grit but either he and/or Petan will have to sit out...because Babcock apparently cant get enough of Connor Brown

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Petan plays a solid game. Plays heavy, has some hits, and scores the GWG. He’s scratched next game for Ennis.

Brown gets a couple of dump ins, doesn’t recover the puck. Doesn’t really do anything else. Locked on that third line.
It's honestly more ridiculous that Marleau gets significant minutes. Has any player been more useless this season?

Reactions: WilliamNylander

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Don't get me started on Auston Matthews. Hugely overpaid, injury prone, and like Sundin, shows up, when he wants to.

Watched willy closely tonight, nice skills really nice skills but oh my god. What a charmin soft guy.

NOT a whole of expectations for this crew in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad