Post-Game Talk: Tavares Day Delivers: Leafs win 5-2

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I just saw this thanks to promisedland. Totally missed it last night. That is to me, a lifetime suspension. Totally heinous. I hope Paul goes wild with this. If Dubas is smart, he better step right up and back Paul and Mitch immediately on this issue.

If he doesn't? Gonna cost him a lot more.

What do you expect Dubas to do. Call Mitch into his office and massage them while he's on the phone with Paul?

"Hey Paul, you see I care man. Can we now keep this under 10 million per season?!"

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Dude. Be cool. I expect some support. Marner doesn't run goalies. He doesn't run anyone. That was disgusting.

WHERE are you going with this?

That is stuff that occurs in federal institutions. NOT the NHL.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Father is quite upset about this as well as Mitch is such a great human being. I believe father is composing an email to the league offices to see if anything will be done about this.

I think we'll see some action on this!

:handclap::handclap::handclap:
I don't see the purpose of this post

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
If the NHL doesn’t do anything, Marner could always go the legal route and make a complaint with the police.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I've only just see that low blow on Marner.

WTF. That's disgusting. Why would you even do that to someone? If you wanna hurt the guy, punch him.

That's low level pathetic.

Reactions: Lilou

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I didn't hear that, he sounded excited when Taveras scored.
i never got the whole thing with him. is he a fan of the leafs..maybe not but i dont hear the "disapointment" that others do..but then again people have to complain about something even when theres nothing to complain about.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Didn't catch this during the game last night:

Oh . . . so that is what happened.

Saw Marner bent over, obviously hurt from something but not know what. I thought the defenceman hit his forearm with the stick in their battle. Now we know.

Marner should have went Lindy Ruff on the goalie, or go Tiger Williams on the goalie.

f***ing asshile.

:baghead:

Reactions: BallardEra

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Hughson is supposed to be objective because it's hockey night in Canada, not Leafs TV, many think he's a fan of the Canucks, which may be true, he's not a Leaf's hater. He used to be the voice of the Blue Jays, so hating Toronto teams doesn't make much sense.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
It was technically sexual assault.
It would be hard to convince a judge that Ullmark wacked Marner in the balls for a sexual purpose, but it would be pretty easy to convince one that intentionally wacking them is not expected behaviour during a hockey game.

Of course it won’t happen because a battery conviction would likely end Ulmarks career, but you have to wonder what recourse a player has when the NHL doesn’t take cases like this seriously.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
The mainboards are so sad. Marner gets low blowed, let's make jokes about Tavares day!

The hypocrisy of the mainboard never surprises me anymore. It's good and even celebrated for Isles fans to chant asshole at a player (I honestly don't mind this, they paid their ticket so it's fine), but when Leafs fans simply give an ovation to the biggest free agent in years that chose his hometown, it's terrible and deserves to be mocked.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Connor Brown is the next Komarov...as in players who were being overplayed by Babcock at some point with no end in sight.

Somehow, someway...Babcock came to a realization in the playoffs last year that Johnsson was needed over Komarov.

I wonder if its gonna take Babcock this long to realize that about Brown as well, or if he starts it right away as soon as Kadri comes back

Babcock will demote Brown in a game 7 when we're down by 4 goals. Or he'll swap him with Marner. Either one.

Reactions: OVO16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->