Post-Game Talk: Tavares Day Delivers: Leafs win 5-2

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I have on bone to pick with Simpson and Hughson tonight.
Naturally they should talk about the the opposing teams best player.
As was stated Eichel went 2nd in the daft to McDavid and has scored the second most points with McDavid number one.

They completely neglected to mention that Marner went 4th overall and is right there in the conversation. Total oversight and a good fun fact.
Eichel has more points because he has played more games. Going into tonight Mitch has an 11.4% shooting average compared to Eichel's 9.8%. With MM's 3 points tonight that average is even better.
The crew totally dropped the ball here where a comparison of the two players in the game would have been appropriate. Dummies!:nono::banghead: .

Reactions: NiftyMits

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
pretty sure Leafs are fine holding leads

Yeah, they are fine at holding leads.

I don’t want to sound cocky but Tampa really doesn’t scare me. If this team beats Boston, it’s going right to their legs. Tampa is similar to us, may the team with the most forwards going at once win.

Boston on the other hand gets away with a shit ton of interference and BS in the name of physical hockey. Just beat them and this team will go far.

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
If Sparks played tonight, we lose. Despite the win, Freddy had to once again bail out this team with a few terrific saves
why do people think that if a goalie makes some awesome saves ,it's "bailing" out the team?? YOU ARE A GOALIE!! you are supposed to make awesome saves. So, with that logic, the Canadiens, Islanders, and Oilers were terrible for making Ken Dryden, Billy Smith, and Grant Fuhr make those awesome saves all the time!? I don't understand.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
D0s4fPFUcAEIyb8.png

this is is the look of a man who knows that this is how the Toronto rivalry is going to go for awhile

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It is very sadistic how Nylander is given Brown and Marleau, undoubtedly the two most useless forwards this year when he finally gets a chance at center. Babcock, he is already signed, you don't need to worry about him putting up points.

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It is very sadistic how Nylander is given Brown and Marleau, undoubtedly the two most useless forwards this year when he finally gets a chance at center. Babcock, he is already signed, you don't need to worry about him putting up points.

This is sort of random but I really hate how the Leafs put Zaitsev on the PP for one year which resulted in a higher perceived value in contract negotiations. So unnecessary.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is what Babcock has to keep doing. Keep rotating those depth pieces once in awhile. Keep them at least somewhat game fresh for when injuries hit come playoff time.

I don't know how Moore gets out of the lineup though. He's been way too good.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is what Babcock has to keep doing. Keep rotating those depth pieces once in awhile. Keep them at least somewhat game fresh for when injuries hit come playoff time.

I think he’s there permanently. Ennis & Petan will sit when Kadri is back.

Which is unfortunate but speaks to our depth

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

I agree with keeping players fresh, but it should also go for Hainsey and Marleau. Possibly even Brown

weems

Jul 3, 2008

Maybe we should rest old man Ron this time around down the stretch.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Moore was killing penalties on the Marlies all year

That's fine, I would however point out that Brown has been a top 4 PK option for years and Babcock trusts him

It's going to take time for Moore to develop that type of trust with the coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad