Dreger: Tavares "comfortable" with Isles, CDH or Hamonic to be moved for top-6 forward

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Everyone knows the Islander have to add top 6 talent just like the Oilers had to add help on the backend last year. Brace yourselves to lose the trade in a vacuum but win the trade with an improved overall team

I know Edmonton fans are dying for this to happen to the Islanders because we told you it would happen with Hall. The problem is, you lost the trade in a vacuum because you were acquiring the more scarce asset. The Islanders are not in that position.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Eberle with 25% retained for Hamonic is fair. If the Oilers want Strome as well, remove Pouliot, remove the 25% retention, and add Nurse.

Strome could end up working out elsewhere, but at this point do people really think he has much more value than Yakupov or Schultz had? I would be surprised if he's valued at anything more than a 2nd around the league.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Ya but Hamonic at 3.9M has way more value.

Half the teams in the league should be in on Hamonic.
Half of the teams in the league are not close to his home though. Although it seems his family situation, whatever it was, has "stabalized", there is still a limited market close to home and Winnipeg doesn't need any D and neither does Minnie. That leaves Edmonton and Calgary. We'll see. Maybe that family situation has improved enough that it isn't a factor anymore but I would doubt it is not important to him. JMO.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Half of the teams in the league are not close to his home though. Although it seems his family situation, whatever it was, has "stabalized", there is still a limited market close to home and Winnipeg doesn't need any D and neither does Minnie. That leaves Edmonton and Calgary. We'll see. Maybe that family situation has improved enough that it isn't a factor anymore but I would doubt it is not important to him. JMO.

It's not like he has a NTC, they were only constrained to teams near his hiome when they were trading him to do a favor.

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
RNH for picks? What? Why? :laugh:

No, there's no chance that happens. That deal doesn't work for anyone involved. The Isles nuke their blue line, the Oilers do the same to their top 6

We wouldn't trade him for picks since we would protect him, RNH that is. McDavid is exempt in ED.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad