Friedman: Tavares and Lamoriello Have Had Contact; More Details In Coming Days

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The Leafs have no issues scoring goals ,so I dont understand why they would be hard chasing a guy like JT instead of a guy like Doughty

Reactions: jw2

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I was just saying, nobody on here has any idea what the Leafs will do. They make it sound like we are not competent enough to clear room for JT. If we have a chance to get him, room will be made, even if that means packaging some young talent.

Nobody knows what the Leafs are thinking, but seeking to acquire a #1 center at a premium price when they've got two great centers already seems a stretch.

But I guess not. More fun to take offense.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Nobody knows what the Leafs are thinking, but seeking to acquire a #1 center at a premium price when they've got two great centers already seems a stretch.

But I guess not. More fun to take offense.

No offence taken :)

You are not wrong, we do have other pressing needs for sure, I just think if they have a chance, things will be moved to include JT and fix the D.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
The Leafs have no issues scoring goals ,so I dont understand why they would be hard chasing a guy like JT instead of a guy like Doughty

AM and JT down the middle would be lethal

Yes the D needs help, but that will come in time with drafting and creative contracts/cap management/drafting/trades with pieces being moved out as well.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
So your saying the leafs don't have a desire to get JT? The prospect of having Tavares Matthews and Kadri down the middle is drool worthy. The leafs can still get JT and fix the D

Maybe they can? (Don't immediately see how, but whatever.) But if you think their top priority should be JT and their second should be D, I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I mean, if I were TOR, finding whatever way I could to deal for OEL and sign him long term would easily be job #1.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
More than likely ,after this season...He did say he wants to win,and TBH LA is starting to look very average...He is going to get paid no matter where he goes
I wouldn't want to pass up on Tavares for a maybe 1 year down the road because I think L.A. resigns him.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
How did this possibly turn into a JT to the leafs thread?

I don't think it turned into that, it's just a block of posts that have.

People are free to talk about any team? I mean many threads talk about many teams, but I see what you are saying.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
AM and JT down the middle would be lethal

Yes the D needs help, but that will come in time with drafting and creative contracts/cap management/drafting/trades with pieces being moved out as well.
Meh ,But couldnt the leafs already do this with getting extra forwards???Finding a stud defender to go along with Rielly should be a priority no??

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Maybe they can? (Don't immediately see how, but whatever.) But if you think their top priority should be JT and their second should be D, I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I mean, if I were TOR, finding whatever way I could to deal for OEL and sign him long term would easily be job #1.

You are right, the D is more pressing.

A player like JT is just worth trying for, they just don't become free often.

Reactions: jw2

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
You are right, the D is more pressing.

A player like JT is just worth trying for, they just don't become free often.

Again, if STL doesn't blow Toronto out of the water with their offer, there's something seriously wrong in STL.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I would agree if a top D man was avalible but it sounds like OEL will resign in Arizona,I fully expect Doughty to sign in L.A. and I can't see Karlsson going to Toronto. So with that said I would do everything to sign JT and bet on Dermott and Liljegren emerging as top 4 D men moving forward

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Meh ,But couldnt the leafs already do this with getting extra forwards???Finding a stud defender to go along with Rielly should be a priority no??

It is, you are correct.

If a player like Doughty was available, I would go after him hard, but the cost associated with him will be massive, not so much the contract, but the package as well.... Like earth shatteringly massive package

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I wouldn't want to pass up on Tavares for a maybe 1 year down the road because I think L.A. resigns him.
Maybe they do sign him,but I wouldnt even as tempting as it would be ...Having cap to affect change where the team really needs it ,should be the goal...They need one more top end defender,just to stabilise that second pairing

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Toronto could be a fit dont get me wrong,but i just cant see it....The Leafs are already one of the highest scoring teams in the league..With some fresh talent coming up,to replace some of the vets that should be leaving...Them trying to shoehorn another higher priced forward,just doesnt seem to fit

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
And same for San Jose.

Agreed

He will be in demand lol

The fact that those markets have small amounts of pressure compared to large markets or markets in a whole other universe like Tor or Mtl will be huge.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Toronto could be a fit dont get me wrong,but i just cant see it....The Leafs are already one of the highest scoring teams in the league..With some fresh talent coming up,to replace some of the vets that should be leaving...Them trying to shoehorn another higher priced forward,just doesnt seem to fit

Very valid points

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
TBH the Leafs could do nothing and they will be improved next season...Their kids are still growing

You are right

I would like to have that big Dman though, but I also think we have better two way forwards coming up on the Marlies as well.

Who knows lol

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->