Friedman: Tavares and Lamoriello Have Had Contact; More Details In Coming Days

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Yeah, I think the Blues go hard on him for sure

They have to if they want to get what they really need. If they want to upgrade and add to the top six which been said locally and prefer it to be a Center. Tavares is that guy. Free agent Center gap if John hits the market would be John and than Paul Stastny, and the only way I would be ok with Paul returning IF he doesn't resign with the Jets which right now it looks like it but they would need to trade than for either Hoffman or Max in order to have that upgrade in the top six, as we all know the biggest issue this season was having only one good scoring line. So they have to get John almost or by luck pull of the Ryan O"Reilly trade. Now if John becomes a sign and trade, they are going to give up a lot but if you package the First Round pick from the Stastny trade, A prospect (I'm ok with giving up one of them if that means Tavares.) and maybe add in Vladimir Sobotka, which would help overall the cap space to fill in the other holes they need.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
100% he still leaves. Too little too late by the Isles, JT made up his mind. He'll play the "game" and still talk to him obviously, but he's counting down the days to be UFA.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Almost a bigger question is whether Lou would be likely to use those "4 picks in the top 43" to start going after costly vets???

It's not like the man is getting any younger...

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Two reasons: (i) he's ripped up the west, and (ii) just a feeling that he'd rather not play against his old buds all that often. Could be wrong. It's not a hill I'll die on.

I gotcha. I wasn't aware he excelled against the west. I just tend to react quickly to the "out of the conference" mantra that pops up here (and in sports generally) any time a trade is discussed.

To keep it Tavares-specific: I have a feeling he'll stay on LI. I just think it would be too hard of a sell to the fans to let their marquee player go. I'm not convinced Barzal will repeat his rookie performance.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Almost a bigger question is whether Lou would be likely to use those "4 picks in the top 43" to start going after costly vets???

It's not like the man is getting any younger...

He wasn't getting any younger with the Leafs, and did no such thing. I wouldn't be worried about that.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Hmm.. Maybe because it involves their former GM and a top UFA. The logic follows that maybe there is something sketchy there, and the conversation evolves?

Nah. It's the dumb Leaf fans. Let's go with that.
Bruh the entire thread turned into JT to the leafs meanwhile he’s still on the islanders and Lou is with the islanders now as well. This is an ISLANDERS thread. Not JT to Toronto. We already have like 4 threads for that (just like stamkos) all of you are ridiculous.

Side note (well, on topic of the islanders and Lou....)

Donte love this move for the isles. How many years does Lou have left? Office changes won’t make a drastic difference in how the team performs in just a year.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I believe in the Dippin Dots. It seems like JT has already re-signed, but we're not going to find out until after the fact. I'm calm, I trust in the ice cream of the future and Lou coming aboard because he can convince JT to stick around, and then deal with defense/goaltending afterwards.

So these "100% Tavares leaves the Islanders and goes elsewhere, not 99.99999% but 100% guaranteed" posts just come across as silly right now. The Dipping Dots called Lou weeks ago while other so-called insiders (cough cough BD GALLOF) insisted time and time again there was no chance of him coming to the Islanders. I don't think Tavares makes it to June as a free agent, much less July.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I gotcha. I wasn't aware he excelled against the west. I just tend to react quickly to the "out of the conference" mantra that pops up here (and in sports generally) any time a trade is discussed.

I also think JT's game is more suited for the west, tbh.

To keep it Tavares-specific: I have a feeling he'll stay on LI. I just think it would be too hard of a sell to the fans to let their marquee player go. I'm not convinced Barzal will repeat his rookie performance.

Obv NYI want to sign him. There's no question about that, but it takes 2 to tango. As for Barzal, I think he's the real deal so I won't agree with you there.

Reactions: William Faulkner

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
This is amusing. I mean, ffs, hey, he only got you 3 cups and you're lampooning him. I mean, I never thought us NYI fans were the classiest of the bunch, but I can't remember anyone making fun of Bill Torrey in his FLA years. It's just weird.
Whoa, calm down there buddy... Lampooning? He has squashed a trade in the past due to the media leaking it. It was a joke about the way he has been known to operate, nothing more.....

I could go on and talk about all the great things he did and how I'm aware of them to defend myself against this, but I really feel like I don't need to in this case.

Something happen recently you want to talk about? Blow off a little steam?

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
I believe in the Dippin Dots. It seems like JT has already re-signed, but we're not going to find out until after the fact. I'm calm, I trust in the ice cream of the future and Lou coming aboard because he can convince JT to stick around, and then deal with defense/goaltending afterwards.

So these "100% Tavares leaves the Islanders and goes elsewhere, not 99.99999% but 100% guaranteed" posts just come across as silly right now. The Dipping Dots called Lou weeks ago while other so-called insiders (cough cough BD GALLOF) insisted time and time again there was no chance of him coming to the Islanders. I don't think Tavares makes it to June as a free agent, much less July.

incarcerated bob > BD

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
The Islanders will be better off with Lou on board, regardless of what happens with Tavares.

And Tavares' decision to stay or go will be the same as it would have been regardless of Lou's hiring.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
NYI improved their odds of signing JT, with the hiring of Lou.

But I still think the Maple Leafs make a really aggressive push for JT. They can rather easily afford JT at around $11M.

That NYI team, even with Lou, won't be a playoff contender for at least another 2-4 years.

If JT is willing to be patient, he'll stay in NYI.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Gotta be SJ/Vegas.
I used to think St.Louis but the above two teams offer a much better chance of winning IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->