Dreger: Tavares and Islanders discussing contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Lou hiring already paying dividends. I doubt there are any serious talks if it's still Snow there, he'd probably be waiting until FA to see whats out there. Obviously he wasn't the only person with a hand in it, but pointing to the quick turnaround in TO while he was there could convince Tavares. Get a good coach, fix the defensive system, grab Grubauer and they could be in the playoffs next year.

Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lmao so dregger says they are working on a deal but there's a chance it can stall and Taveres will then talk to other teams??

So basically whatever happens, Dregger called it..

Lmao these guys are being paid to pull the wool over everyones eyes.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Lmao so dregger says they are working on a deal but there's a chance it can stall and Taveres will then talk to other teams??

So basically whatever happens, Dregger called it..

Lmao these guys are being paid to pull the wool over everyones eyes.

He said if,I know we think Dreger can be a hack but he got insiders more insightful then we have.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Matt Barzal saved the Islanders, I really believe that if not for Barzal coming on to the stage like he did last year, Tavares would be much less likely to extend with the Isles.
:( I wish you did not say that the Oilers fans are not happy about that trade.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I mean shouldn't this go without saying?

Tavares is their franchise player and he's a couple weeks away from free agency, obviously he's going to be discussing a contract with his team.

Though, let it be known I still think Tavares resigns, but I also think he tests out the market first -- because why wouldn't he since he's made it this far.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Matt Barzal saved the Islanders, I really believe that if not for Barzal coming on to the stage like he did last year, Tavares would be much less likely to extend with the Isles.

100% agree. Beauvillier, Pulock, to a lesser extent Ho-Sang. There's some young life in the team.

Think the Isles roster is better than their record last season.

Team had no game-plan and zero structure.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad