Dreger: Tavares and Islanders discussing contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Soooooooo if they were never discussion extensions previously, what have they been talking about this whole time?

If they have been talking about nothing regarding extensions (as kind of indicated by Dregers wording) and they are going to him for input about team and organization architecture, thats not a good thing for Isles fans, you dont want your star play beginning to have a seat in front office decisions

Malkin (Isles owner) met with Brisson (JT’s agent) in LA throughout the year, but Tavares’ camp never wanted to talk numbers.

Since Lamoriello took over, it’s been reported that he has been in contact with Tavares’ camp almost daily on the direction he want to take the team in, so I would that assume covers everything from on-ice personnel, coaching staff, culture, play style, structure, etc.

Lou Lamoriello doesn’t answer to anyone but the crest, and fired Snow and Weight who Tavares was very close with, so your theory that Tavares has a seat in the front office is not a well informed theory in my opinion.

Arthur Staple has said all season that Tavares is looking for reasons to stay, and by communicating with him daily, Lamoriello is trying to do just that. No need to overthink it.

Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
I didn’t think I would have to explain this but There is 0 percent chance he signs before the interviewing period.

Dreger is not reporting anything worthwhile here.

Wow Lou has been in contact daily with his franchise player who is about to test free agency?!? Shocking stuff

Reactions: Morrison

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It's really the best spot for him. NYI are just a few pieces away...one of the few teams in the league with two #1Cs. He is staying.

Can the Islanders actually obtain those pieces, though? If they can, how fast can they do it?

Important questions to ponder if you're Tavares.

Reactions: Chips

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
As a Caps fan and a Tavares fan I really want to see him on another team, preferably outside the metro. This sucks. Hopefully the Isles at least get a cup with Tavares, in a year that the Caps are out of it.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Tavares is not a doubt digits AAV player. Let alone a McDavid money level player. Isles are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to just letting him walk for nothing, but with the three B's, the 11OA, 12OA, 2 2nds and players that are moveable for assets...If I was an Isles fan and JT wanted north of 10m, I would not want to try to compete prematurely with yet another player on the roster destroying the cap structure.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I didn’t think I would have to explain this but There is 0 percent chance he signs before the interviewing period.

Wow Lou has been in contact daily with his franchise player who is about to test free agency?!? Shocking stuff

I would be shocked if he didn't go to the interview period but you never know

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

He said “ Tavares is focused on contract negotiations with the islanders”

Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: