Value of: Tavares and de Haan package

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
There was a report, I think from Dreger , that he thought a team was prepared to offer Tavares $15m per.
Even if that offer was rejected ,his rep would use the offer to drive up salary from other teams.

Do not see Tavares signing for $9.5m and do not bother with the endorsement argument. Tavares is a union supporter and will not hurt the union or other players by leaving millions per season on the table.
and quoting Dreger

daily double and a perfecta rolled into one:thumbu:

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I think Tavares will be offered like 12x7 from Montreal.

If he signs in Montreal they can do a full 180 instantly.

Draft Zadina, Drouin goes back to the LW or plays # 2 center. Montreal’s roster could look completely different come October.

Drouin Tavares Gallagher
Pacioretty Galchenyuk Zadina
Byron Danault Scherbak
Hudon Shaw Lehkonen
Deslauriers

De Haan Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner Benn
Reilly Schlemko

Price
Lindgren

I think Benn or Schlemko will be moved but ya I think this could be the Habs roster this upcoming season.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Leafs offer UFA rights to Komarov, JvR, Martin Marinicin and if you ask nice Tyler Bozak
Wasn't this offer made and mocked earlier?
JVR has already rejected a nyi trade and extension offer when Hamonic was shopped. So, take him out.
No interest in the other Leaf players rights.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
If we know for a fact that JT is leaving by the draft date (which I still don't think we will), then I'd go for it.

I cannot imagine that Tavares would be such a $%&$ as to NOT let management know what he intends to do by mid-June, much less the draft itself.

That's not how he and Brisson function.

JT might be just wanting to test and see what the market can handle and use that as leverage to sign back with the Isles. If that's the case, we (Isles) are getting nothing.

Be it Snow or another GM, the Isles simply CANNOT allow July 1st to come with a laissez-faire "Sure, test the market as you wish and then come back to us if you feel like it" attitude.

In any book you look at, that'd be TERRIBLE management of this incredibly sensitive and utterly important issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: IODCPiper

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Wasn't this offer made and mocked earlier?
JVR has already rejected a nyi trade and extension offer when Hamonic was shopped. So, take him out.
No interest in the other Leaf players rights.
iunno i tend to scroll past a lot of the nonsense, but if so, it was so nice it needed to be said twice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad