Confirmed with Link: Tarasenko re-signs with the Blues! (8 years @ $7.5m)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm bit puzzled that price, but maybe every contracts are going sky high nowdays.

But overally big relief that Tarasenko stays on Blues and Army did handle his job.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If he does exactly what he did this past season, no better, no worse, it's already a good deal for a 35+ goal scorer. With his release, it's hard for me to imagine him potting less than 30 goals in any of these seasons, barring injury obviously. This is a great deal for the Blues.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
If he does exactly what he did this past season, no better, no worse, it's already a good deal for a 35+ goal scorer. With his release, it's hard for me to imagine him potting less than 30 goals in any of these seasons, barring injury obviously. This is a great deal for the Blues.

If he develops chemistry on a line with Stastny then I think he'll score 40+ goals

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm bit puzzled that price, but maybe every contracts are going sky high nowdays.

But overally big relief that Tarasenko stays on Blues and Army did handle his job.

Kessel makes 8M, Kane makes 10.5M, Perry makes a shade over 8M. That's the going rate for elite RWers. He could've gotten more if he really pushed for it.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Kessel makes 8M, Kane makes 10.5M, Perry makes a shade over 8M. That's the going rate for elite RWers. He could've gotten more if he really pushed for it.

Which makes me believe that he's a true team player, and was willing to give up the extra money so the rest of his team could be good. :yo:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Great deal.

I was originally projecting $7M but once Saad got $6M, then Tarasenko is worth way more than $7.5M comparatively. Great price given the circumstances.

I'm glad they've got him locked up for max term.

They now have about $2.4M in cap space left with 2 forward spots open. Assuming Fabbri ($925k cap hit) takes up one of the spots that leaves $1.5M. Someone like Rattie, Porter or similar type player will likely cost in the $600-800k range. That would leave the Blues approx. $700-900k in cap space, which would allow them to afford Wolves injury callups and to possibly make a trade deadline deal.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The way hockeyscap has the last 3 seasons listed re: NHL salary is really strange

https://www.hockeyscap.com/players/vladimir_tarasenko

5.5 - 9.5 - 5.5

I wonder what that is all about.

It's about the CBA, protection incase there is another lockout.

It's a higher number than I expected, but I'm surprised he went the full 8 years. He'll be 31 when this deal ends, so we'll be getting all his prime years. Happy with this deal.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yet I forgot this. I have hold up this long time.

giphy.gif

And the one song I still hold up for bigger. :bb:

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
What the hell will Schwartz want now? He's as good as Tarasenko IMO - but I know sizzle sells over the steak sometimes.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
So I watched the video thinking it was safe to watch it. After all, I wouldn't want to scream "Fire Armstrong" at my computer monitor like a crazy person when he just signed Tarasenko to a good contract. That didn't work out so well. When he tried to justify the horrific trade for Brouwer by saying it would allow Tarasenko more minutes. That is pure BS. If Hitch wanted to give Tarasenko more minutes, he gives him more minutes. You don't have to lose a trade in order to force the coach's hand into having to give Taraenko good minutes because we have nobody else.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
So I watched the video thinking it was safe to watch it. After all, I wouldn't want to scream "Fire Armstrong" at my computer monitor like a crazy person when he just signed Tarasenko to a good contract. That didn't work out so well. When he tried to justify the horrific trade for Brouwer by saying it would allow Tarasenko more minutes. That is pure BS. If Hitch wanted to give Tarasenko more minutes, he gives him more minutes. You don't have to lose a trade in order to force the coach's hand into having to give Taraenko good minutes because we have nobody else.

Forcing Hitchs hand may have changed results recently :/

Which is obnoxious

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What the hell will Schwartz want now? He's as good as Tarasenko IMO - but I know sizzle sells over the steak sometimes.

He disappears in the Playoffs. He doesn't raise his game the same level that Tarasenko does. I'd guess around 6-7m.... it would be fair as he's flirting with elite production...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad