Confirmed with Link: Tarasenko re-signs with the Blues! (8 years @ $7.5m)

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Tarasenko deserves an A without a doubt. His attitude exudes a "follow me and we'll get this done" kind of leadership. That's the exact type of attitude I want leading this team.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Tbh from my not on the locker room perspective, it seems like Schwartz and Shattenkirk should be ahead of tarasenko in the wearing an A realm

I really soured on Schwartz this past post season. Shattenkirk produced points and was good but I didn't see him really try to put the team on his back. Now he was still recovering so I'll give him a pass since he still produced at PPG lol......

While I've been critical of Tarasenko's defensive zone effectivness. At no point did I feel he wasn't trying...he just got schooled. So many times throughout the season, he was guilty of doing too much. He also deflects so much praise to his teammates.

Example: the 1st Tampa Bay game, media wanted to talk to Vladi about his GTG, he would have no part of it and immediately talked about Schwartz's GWG and didn't like it compared to him, as it somewhat implied that Schwartz isn't capable of highlight real plays

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Love it. Frank is absolutely incredible. Hopefully he'll continue to develop into the megastar we think he can be.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I really soured on Schwartz this past post season. Shattenkirk produced points and was good but I didn't see him really try to put the team on his back. Now he was still recovering so I'll give him a pass since he still produced at PPG lol......

While I've been critical of Tarasenko's defensive zone effectivness. At no point did I feel he wasn't trying...he just got schooled. So many times throughout the season, he was guilty of doing too much. He also deflects so much praise to his teammates.

Example: the 1st Tampa Bay game, media wanted to talk to Vladi about his GTG, he would have no part of it and immediately talked about Schwartz's GWG and didn't like it compared to him, as it somewhat implied that Schwartz isn't capable of highlight real plays

it was 6 games man. Schwartz has proven to be a guy that gives it 100% every shift. I'm not saying Tarasenko isn't deserving of a letter, but there aren't that many to go around and from what I've seen on the ice, Schwartz is deserving as well. Again, don't know what goes on in the room.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
it was 6 games man. Schwartz has proven to be a guy that gives it 100% every shift. I'm not saying Tarasenko isn't deserving of a letter, but there aren't that many to go around and from what I've seen on the ice, Schwartz is deserving as well. Again, don't know what goes on in the room.

It's 2 goals in 12 games. What frustrates me about Schwartz is that he's on a line with Tarasenko. Tarasenko is pulling double coverage and no one else is getting the chances he provides. We're watching Tarasenko hit another gear while honestly most of the team stays stagnant....

I doubt there's a locker room issue with Schwartz but when he made it know he wanted to play with Stastny. Tarasenko's remarks seemed somewhat playful...yet "hurt".

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Hey great something positive actually happened! Good for Vladdy, hope he stays in STL his entire career!

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It's 2 goals in 12 games. What frustrates me about Schwartz is that he's on a line with Tarasenko. Tarasenko is pulling double coverage and no one else is getting the chances he provides. We're watching Tarasenko hit another gear while honestly most of the team stays stagnant....

I doubt there's a locker room issue with Schwartz but when he made it know he wanted to play with Stastny. Tarasenko's remarks seemed somewhat playful...yet "hurt".

ok well a 12 game sample size is equally insignificant . and production to me is not very important when picking the captains. it's about who leads, not who scores goals. My favorite Blues captain in my time as a fan was Dallas Drake. Schwartz does pretty much everything right and hustles and digs deep as much as anyone on the team. and once again, I'm not saying Vlad isn't also deserving.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
ok well a 12 game sample size is equally insignificant . and production to me is not very important when picking the captains. it's about who leads, not who scores goals. My favorite Blues captain in my time as a fan was Dallas Drake. Schwartz does pretty much everything right and hustles and digs deep as much as anyone on the team. and once again, I'm not saying Vlad isn't also deserving.

Whats our main problem with Backes? He doesn't elevate his play come playoff time. He does all that stuff, he does everything he's asked to do except score. I was a big Schwartz for leadership all season till this post season. He left me wanting alot more... he just didn't have that gear. We spent weeks saying he was our Parise....well that was embarrassing as Parise separated himself from his team in a big way. Tarasenko and Pietrangelo did that, no one else really did. That's all I'm trying to say. If and that's a big IF Backes is no longer with us, the C needs go to Pietrangelo or Tarasenko. They still without a shadow of a doubt have to earn it...and for all I know Schwartz may come back 10x better this season. There were definitely times he lead the team and had that swagger about him, it just faded.

We've got 2 As opened up and 4 guys imo in the running

Stastny: other then being a vetern voice...he hasn't done much to earn it "right now"

Shattenkirk: he's turning into a leader and he leads by example on and off the ice.

Schwartz: he looks like a leader, sounds like a leader and by all accounts leads by example.

Tarasenko: Tarasenko :)

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Whats our main problem with Backes? He doesn't elevate his play come playoff time. He does all that stuff, he does everything he's asked to do except score. I was a big Schwartz for leadership all season till this post season. He left me wanting alot more... he just didn't have that gear. We spent weeks saying he was our Parise....well that was embarrassing as Parise separated himself from his team in a big way. Tarasenko and Pietrangelo did that, no one else really did. That's all I'm trying to say. If and that's a big IF Backes is no longer with us, the C needs go to Pietrangelo or Tarasenko. They still without a shadow of a doubt have to earn it...and for all I know Schwartz may come back 10x better this season. There were definitely times he lead the team and had that swagger about him, it just faded.

We've got 2 As opened up and 4 guys imo in the running

Stastny: other then being a vetern voice...he hasn't done much to earn it "right now"

Shattenkirk: he's turning into a leader and he leads by example on and off the ice.

Schwartz: he looks like a leader, sounds like a leader and by all accounts leads by example.

Tarasenko: Tarasenko :)

At this point, I Say Tarasenko and Statsny. Statsny has said multiple times he doesn't like the way the team acts after a win, let alone a loss. And Tarasenko is now the Blues franchise.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Of course we are all happy! Happy for the Blues and happy for Frank.

A balanced and awesome signing by Army. Well done.

He's a coaches son and has all the the good atributes of a Captain. He should wear the A.

Nothing against Stastney, but, I don't see the chemistry. Frank should see more ice time on the PK unit.

:blues

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn't be surprised to see that's just Lawton stirring the pot since we haven't heard that from any other major outlet. Either way 8 years is fantastic term for the Blues and frankly it's more than I was expecting. That makes me happy.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Vladimir_Tarasenko.jpg

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
It should be C or no deal.

I don't want to retain a perennial playoff choker as captain, make Tarasenko the true face of the franchise.

I think he will wear the next C, but it won't be until Backes is gone. Who knows when that will be, but I don't have any desire to strip the C. I don't have a problem with moving him for a good return, but stripping the C can cause way too many issues (look how well that worked for San Jose).

I'm completely fine giving him an A until the C becomes available. Tarasenko is already the face of the franchise. We don't need to risk destroying the locker room just to further prove that point.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I doubt it's true. 11M per year is too much even for SKA. And for Tarasenko money aren't the most important thing anyway.

I was thinking same, but still there was option for KHL.

Listening Tarasenko conference 'call' it really confirm he is honest down-to-earth child. He is going to be goldmine Blues. So God hope we'll take care of him and support when he's having hard times.

Plus his english is getting really better. I cracked up that 'toy' question and Tarasenko's hesitation, excuse me can you repeat :laugh:

We drink couple bottles, I mean glasses :D

[NHL]831983[/NHL]

Last edited:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Congrats Blues fans on locking up Tank. He's a great player and I thought he would get more than $7.5M so I'd be real pleased if I were a Blues fan ... but I'm not so I'm not please that he's going to be going beast mode against my Hawks for a whole bunch of years. :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad