Player Discussion Tanner Pearson

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I thought RHP was good last night. As a bottom sixer you can be good without showing up on the score sheet.

And watching Armia, Anderson, and Gallagher is already enough washed up vets for my eyes. Though kudos to Armia for his strong play. He's quality 4th liner, though overpaid.

Yeah it sucks we have to watch so much trash MB left behind but there's only a finite amount of options available to get rid of them and a lot of it is letting those deals ride out or getting them into the last year of their deal.

RHP was fine last night but he's a small guy and if he doesn't chip in offense from the bottom, he's gonna need to be an elite PKer or something to stick around. I think he's a nice story that will eventaully end up making a nice career in Europe while the Habs add more beef to the bottom 6.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I predict that Pearson is done at the NHL level once this season ends.
He can still read the game well enough to keep up, but once he has the puck he lacks a shot to contribute anything. If I were to compare him and gally, the difference is that gallagher can still pot a few goals and still gives it his all in the corners. Pearson has slowed down, but his shot is gone so even with some veteran savvy he can't seem to add anything right now.

Reactions: OldCraig71

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah it sucks we have to watch so much trash MB left behind but there's only a finite amount of options available to get rid of them and a lot of it is letting those deals ride out or getting them into the last year of their deal.

RHP was fine last night but he's a small guy and if he doesn't chip in offense from the bottom, he's gonna need to be an elite PKer or something to stick around. I think he's a nice story that will eventaully end up making a nice career in Europe while the Habs add more beef to the bottom 6.

On a similar not if wanting to not have vets block youth, why hasn't MSL gone back to the RHP - Anderson duo instead of Anderson - Gally? Last year Anderson produced at the highest rate of his career playing with RHP. Sure it may have been unsustainable. But why not at least try it?

Also, Gally and Pearson were good opposite each other to start the year. Or better Ylonen and Gallagher with Evan's was a good line last year when there were injuries. They could play with White, RHP and Anderson with Evans.

And even though most would 't, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this lineup next year:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Roy
RHP - Monahan/Dvo - Anderson
Gally - Evan's - Ylonen/Armia
Pez

But I am excited to see what players Hugjes will add in the offseason.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
On a similar not if wanting to not have vets block youth, why hasn't MSL gone back to the RHP - Anderson duo instead of Anderson - Gally? Last year Anderson produced at the highest rate of his career playing with RHP. Sure it may have been unsustainable. But why not at least try it?

Also, Gally and Pearson were good opposite each other to start the year. Or better Ylonen and Gallagher with Evan's was a good line last year when there were injuries. They could play with White, RHP and Anderson with Evans.

My guess is he likes how the team is playing right now and isn't in a rush to change it. A lot of things work for a brief period of time and never work again. I don't think RHP has really pushed anyone to make them adjust the line-up for him either.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My guess is he likes how the team is playing right now and isn't in a rush to change it. A lot of things work for a brief period of time and never work again. I don't think RHP has really pushed anyone to make them adjust the line-up for him either.

Yeah MSL has been getting a lot out of this current group right now. But RHP and Anderson have barely seen the ice together all year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Looks done and yet he’s only 31.

They ought to sit him, there is really no point playing him.
This!

I think they're playing him out of respect for him, and to build a culture where the rookies respect the elders. I mean Ylonen and Pez haven't been better than him. But I would rather see them get more reps in, because definitely won't be here. Pez and Ylonen might. I always like Gally with Ylonen on a 4th line. And I always liked RHP with Anderson on 3rd line.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Shout-out and thank you to Tanner Pearson for his one and only season with Montreal. Highly unlikely he's back next season and this might be the end of his NHL career as he's turning 32 in August. 13 points in 54 games might make it tough to earn an NHL contract.

Let's hope we can turn the 2025 3rd round pick (VAN) received for taking on his contract (+ moving Casey DeSmith) and turn it into something special in one year's time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad