Player Discussion Tanner Pearson

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Xhekaj has to take a number and then fight him without taking an instigator.

Anyways, the refs should have just called a 4 min. boarding and a 2 mon. Instigator.

But if you're going to allow fighting, why give instigators for defending yourself after getting hit from behind?

Suzuki and Caufield need a spark.

I'd try Slafkovsky
Nope. Bad idea.

Monahan is the answer after once November 4th rolls along and Dvorak returns to the lineup.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Pearson is tied for 4th in points on the team with 3 goals, 3 assists in 10 games thus far. Curious if he can keep that pace up

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Pearson is tied for 4th in points on the team with 3 goals, 3 assists in 10 games thus far. Curious if he can keep that pace up

I dont think he ends the season with 30g 30a.

I do think he can be a nice vet and have his contributions for the whole year.

Comes TDL, if we are in a playoff pictures, we might be better served keeping him instead of trading him for a 2nd.

Reactions: NewDef

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I dont think he ends the season with 30g 30a.

I do think he can be a nice vet and have his contributions for the whole year.

Comes TDL, if we are in a playoff pictures, we might be better served keeping him instead of trading him for a 2nd.
I always liked Pearson an although not a 30 goal scorer, on a 3rd line at 3.5 mil, i would be fine to keep him at least another year.

Him vs Armia, i like what Armia CAN do (if he would do it all the time he'd be on 5mil+ contract), but Pearson is much more constant and that 'you know what to expect and you get that most of the time' aspect is a strong plus for him. Perfect veteran for a 3rd line on a good team imho.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I haven't watched him this year how has he been?
Has flashes of brilliance, but doesnt produce enough offensively consistently to be a good 3rd liner.

Also at one point was turning the puck over more than I expected from a vet. The speed of today's game seems to be getting to him.

Reactions: Habs

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Tanner is amazing he really is great we are gonna miss him.

1000002140.jpg

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
If he had a bargain contract, someone might have been willing to take a chance but there must be better cheaper options out there.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Very unlikely he moves, if he does its for like a 6th round pick with 5 minutes left on the deadline to a bubble team.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very unlikely he moves, if he does its for like a 6th round pick with 5 minutes left on the deadline to a bubble team.

Is there any contending team that has an expiring contract that's of a bad player that they value less than Pearson?

I'd trade Pearson's bad contract for that bad contract, if it comes with a pick attached to it. Similar to the DeSmith for Pearson trade inbthe first place.

Reactions: Tuggy

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
With that contract he would need to be 50% retained for a 6th or 7th round pick and you can get something better by being the 3rd team on another trade.

He will stay

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With that contract he would need to be 50% retained for a 6th or 7th round pick and you can get something better by being the 3rd team on another trade.

He will stay

Ir we take back a worse expiring contract with a pick attached to it. Like the Scott Walker for Johanssen and a 1st

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He will stay

Not necessarily, this wouldn't be a cup contender operating in LTIR.. it would be someone like the Islanders who are on the bubble but might wanna add some depth for a push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad