Player Discussion Tanner Pearson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No issues with acquiring Pearson , playing him in the bottom 6, and getting rid of him as if nothing happened. Good soldier. Decent vet.

Honestly he hasn't been nearly as bad as watching Hoffman, Drouin, and Dadonov last year. But I still would rather see Ylonen and RHP get consistent ice time and see what they can become with it.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Duhaime is physical, Pearson is the opposite. Anyways, we need players on the team to finish the season so there's no point in trading him for future considerations.

Yeah, I'd have traded Pearson for Duhaime in an instant for example. I'd look at Pearson if I was looking for experience on the fourth line, but for like a 6th rounder.

Reactions: The Great Weal

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, I'd have traded Pearson for Duhaime in an instant for example. I'd look at Pearson if I was looking for experience on the fourth line, but for like a 6th rounder.
If a team trades for Pearson it's because of his reputation, there is no way they scouted him this season and thought he'd be a regular NHLer for them. It was the same thing as Dwight King where there is no chance MB and his staff watched him play because he was done as an NHLer.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Pearson will be finishing up his season with us and almost certainly an UFA on July 1st.
But what if he walked into Hughes office and said he was willing and wanting to stay and play a 4th line role for us next season. Any value in signing him to a 1 year 1M contract? Or is it better to give that ice time to Pezz / Ylonen / Pinard / Armia / Gallagher and gang. I'm not a big fan of giving 4th line minutes to young guys like Roy, Heineman, Farrell, etc - rather see them continue to develop in Laval with more ice time. Would you rather have Pearson (1Mx1) over Colin White? Maybe there's better value available in free agency. My guess is with a healthy Dach, Dvorak we're already going to have a crowded 4th line and no need for him

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Pearson will be finishing up his season with us and almost certainly an UFA on July 1st.
But what if he walked into Hughes office and said he was willing and wanting to stay and play a 4th line role for us next season. Any value in signing him to a 1 year 1M contract? Or is it better to give that ice time to Pezz / Ylonen / Pinard / Armia / Gallagher and gang. I'm not a big fan of giving 4th line minutes to young guys like Roy, Heineman, Farrell, etc - rather see them continue to develop in Laval with more ice time. Would you rather have Pearson (1Mx1) over Colin White? Maybe there's better value available in free agency. My guess is with a healthy Dach, Dvorak we're already going to have a crowded 4th line and no need for him
I get what you're saying, but I think we have enough young players that can play that role on the 4th line. And considering we still have Gallagher, that's where he will be playing. Personally I wouldn't bring him back

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I don't think Pearson is even an NHLer anymore.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Trade was a total waste of caproom and a good goalie in DeSmith
we didn't need the goalie and we got a 3rd. What werer we going to do with the caproom right before the season was about to start?

I just wonder if it was worth bringing in an extra body to often play in front of Ylonen and RHP for a 3rd round pick.

Reactions: viceroy and tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
we didn't need the goalie and we got a 3rd. What werer we going to do with the caproom right before the season was about to start?

I just wonder if it was worth bringing in an extra body to often play in front of Ylonen and RHP for a 3rd round pick.
Maybe he wanted to test the 4 goalie system :)

Reactions: 26Mats

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
He's finished, but if he is willing to suit up for league minimum next year, I would take a chance on him. He will throw a couple of punches on the 4th line and the youngsters will get top minutes.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
He's finished, but if he is willing to suit up for league minimum next year, I would take a chance on him. He will throw a couple of punches on the 4th line and the youngsters will get top minutes.
Pass. When Pearson was hurt I legit forgot he was on the team. I don't know of one tangible quality he brings vs other 4th line types like Armia and Pezz who bring some small aspect to the lineup, let alone blocking spots for younger players like Heineman, Roy, or even Ylonen.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

That's weak draft. The 3rd is virtually nil value.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Shutt

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They took him on to facilitate the trade and got a 3rd, it was good value.. obviously they were hoping they could improve his play enough to move him as a deadline rental, but he got hurt and didn't.

His contract will expire and they are showing him some respect and making sure the line-up isn't overly youth heavy for the remaining games.

Playing over Pezz, RHP and Ylonen doesn't matter because all 3 of them have failed to make meaningful impacts with the myriad of opportunities and injuries over the year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They took him on to facilitate the trade and got a 3rd, it was good value.. obviously they were hoping they could improve his play enough to move him as a deadline rental, but he got hurt and didn't.

His contract will expire and they are showing him some respect and making sure the line-up isn't overly youth heavy for the remaining games.

Playing over Pezz, RHP and Ylonen doesn't matter because all 3 of them have failed to make meaningful impacts with the myriad of opportunities and injuries over the year.

I thought RHP was good last night. As a bottom sixer you can be good without showing up on the score sheet.

And watching Armia, Anderson, and Gallagher is already enough washed up vets for my eyes. Though kudos to Armia for his strong play. He's quality 4th liner, though overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad