Player Discussion Tanner Pearson

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Newly acquired. Cup winner, stands at 6'1 and can be a player, but had multiple surgeries this past season.

Might not be a hab for long.

If he's full healed and I know he's been activated, but he could be healed, but not like how he was, he could be a good winger option for the 3rd line.

Soucy is a tough guy, so Pearson did better here than expected.

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Nucks fans seem to have generally positive things to say about him, one of the better 2-way forwards for them the past few seasons (injuries aside).

If he's healthy, could be a much better veteran depth forward for MSL to work into the roster than Hoffman was.

Ylonen probably most upset by this.. his task of earning regular minutes just got a lot harder.

Won't be surprised to see a move forthcoming to thin out the forward group, but also don't mind if we start the season as is...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
How's this going to affect getting under the cap when Carey Price goes on LTIR?
It seems and this is my speculation is that no one wanted the players the Habs were trying to deal for nothing, or no salary back.

They have just over 4 mill in space and like 3 d to send down and 3 forwards.
I was under the impression he was LTIRetired.
He was just activated recently according to Canuck fans.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Ylonen probably most upset by this.. his task of earning regular minutes just got a lot harder.
He didn't even have a spot on the line-up before the acquisition. Habs were at 14 forwards (including Ylonen, RHP and Slaf).

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I don't get why MTL wants more wingers but he was not bad in VAN when not injured. Serviceable 3rd liner who can step in on the 2nd line as complementary piece.

If he is here to stay it could mean that the plan is to send Slaf to the AHL. Also it seems unlikely that Hughes would use his 3rd retention spot right now.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don't get why MTL wants more wingers but he was not bad in VAN when not injured. Serviceable 3rd liner who can step in on the 2nd line as complementary piece.

If he is here to stay it could mean that the plan is to send Slaf to the AHL. Also it seems unlikely that Hughes would use his 3rd retention spot right now.
Hughes has no choice. He promised Pearson not to bury him in the minors, because that's his new thing.

We will now trade Pearson with retention for a 6th round pick and a $5M cap dump.

We will then promise this new cap dump that he will not be buried in the minors..............

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Hughes has no choice. He promised Pearson not to bury him in the minors, because that's his new thing.

We will now trade Pearson with retention for a 6th round pick and a $5M cap dum.

We will then promise this new cap dump that he will not be buried in the minors..............

He does not need to bury him, he ll send him to the AHL on paper for one day just to put Price on LTIR and bring him back with the big club.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
dudes awful I don't know why we getting another forward

That's 16 forwards with him.
I guess we needed to get a contract in return for a 3rd pick but Pearson shouldnt be in the lineup

Unless we send down Ylonen Pezetta Slaf and Harvey Pinard
Not much spot for him.

Weird move.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Congrats on not understanding team dynamics.
Oh for sure, we would not want to mess with the inner workings of a 28th team overall.

Warrior Gallagher has to get more respect than former Art Ross winner Perry. Armia can't be waived but Pearson can??

Jake The Mediocrest Allen MUST be retained, with a big raise! And with an additional 2 year extension!!

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Oh for sure, we would not want to mess with the inner workings of a 28th team overall.

Warrior Gallagher has to get more respect than former Art Ross winner Perry. Armia can't be waived but Pearson can??

Jake The Mediocrest Allen MUST be retained, with a raise! And with an additional 2 year extension!!

:facepalm:

It would at least be funny if you were actually joking or poking fun at yourself...

Classic bad take that a poster follows down a long dark rabbit hole of worse & worse takes.

What's the point?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Jake The Mediocrest Allen MUST be retained, with a big raise! And with an additional 2 year extension!!

Congrats on making false equivalencies. You're on a roll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad