Player Discussion Tanner Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Yeah, Pearson has been meh, but give me this player over Erik Gudbranson any day of the week. Not having to watch that replacement level junk player flub the puck around and coast to 4 million dollars a year while being the worst player in the entire NHL makes me happy.

The city of Vancouver should be celebrating, we should throw a parade. Erik Gudbranson is a bonafide scrub. He can't play, no disrespect. This man can't play the game of ice hockey. He's got hands of stone, is slow as molasses, doesn't have an offensive play that he puts to memory that he can do two times in a row. He has no game whatsoever, plays no defense, doesn't have the heart, the passion or anything that comes with it.
Hell, I’d go as far as to say I’d rather play Tanner Pearson on defence over Erik Gudbranson. Knowing full well that one is a forward.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yeah, Pearson has been meh, but give me this player over Erik Gudbranson any day of the week. Not having to watch that replacement level junk player flub the puck around and coast to 4 million dollars a year while being the worst player in the entire NHL makes me happy.

The city of Vancouver should be celebrating, we should throw a parade. Erik Gudbranson is a bonafide scrub. He can't play, no disrespect. This man can't play the game of ice hockey. He's got hands of stone, is slow as molasses, doesn't have an offensive play that he puts to memory that he can do two times in a row. He has no game whatsoever, plays no defense, doesn't have the heart, the passion or anything that comes with it.

Haha this is a reference to how Stephen A. Smith ripped Kwame Brown a new one after the former got traded away from Lakers in exchange for Paul Hasol?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gudbranson always was, and always will be a 'complimentary d-man'. He's never going to be the 'top-four' guy Benning thought he was acquiring. But I'm still not surprised his play has picked up dramatically in Pittsburgh. The Pens are actually a 'puck possession' team.

All the guy has to do is win a puck battle and pass it to somebody like Crosby or Malkin....and presto, zone exits are easy. On the Canucks, I lose track of the number of times the forwards get the puck to within a foot of blueline, but can't get it out. Than the endless 'spin cycle' in the Canuck zone starts all over again.

I don't know if it's Green's system they just can't play....but it seems to me the Canucks d-men end up eating the puck with their face pressed up against the glass, or just throwing it out of the zone desperately.

But I guess that's the problem when you're just a bad hockey team. At any given time, just about anybody in the lineup is going to look bad.

Reactions: Get North

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Pearson has not been good so far. Can see why he’s been through 3 organizations in 6 months. Skating is dreadful.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Horvat and Pearson have found some nice chemistry. I hope Benning and Co are able to find them a line mate who can help push the offense more than Eriksson does. If that line can be a legit threat, it'll help Petey and Brock

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Gimme a break, he’s only been with us for a month and a half
There’s literally no reason to hate him, been effective since the trade.
Unless he becomes pedestrian next season like Granlund , I wish we keep him around

But that would go against the narrative that all players not named Boeser, Horvat, Hughes or Pettersson are crap and this team is still horrible.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Pearson better carry this over in to next season, he single handedly stopped the tank

Reactions: bh53

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
But that would go against the narrative that all players not named Boeser, Horvat, Hughes or Pettersson are crap and this team is still horrible.

Pearson is fine, but he’s not the elite play driving winger we need to take another step forward. The guys you listed are our young difference makers. We need a couple more: one winger and one d man

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Garbage time hero 2019. Watch him have ten points by March next year.
Typical HFBoards "pessimism for the sake of pessimism" horses***. The guy had 40 and 44 points in 2 of the last 3 seasons and now, after finding some chemistry at the end of a down season, he's a "garbage time hero" who's going to finish next season with 10 points?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Pearson is fine, but he’s not the elite play driving winger we need to take another step forward. The guys you listed are our young difference makers. We need a couple more: one winger and one d man

Not saying he is. But look at the comments, acting as if he's garbage.

Pearson is a good supporting player to have, and has shown some good Chemiatry with Horvat. Fans should be happy about that

Reactions: Luckylarry

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Markstrom, Stecher, Demko, Pearson and even Roussel aren’t crap...

This year. Who knows what those players are next year. Is this a blip for Markstrom and he goes back to average? Does Pearson over a full season play more like the player in Pittsburgh? After a couple injuries is Roussel gonna be the same player? Can Stecher and Demko continue to get better or will they stagnate?

Just saying, oh yea we good with these players is disingenious at best.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not saying he is. But look at the comments, acting as if he's garbage.

Pearson is a good supporting player to have, and has shown some good Chemiatry with Horvat. Fans should be happy about that

Of course we’re happy about the emergence of Pearson. He’s not the play driving winger that we really need though. If we could trade him for a second I would in a heartbeat, just to get that small chance to draft that much needed core piece. That’s not saying Pearson is bad. He’s actually a good player.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
No one is saying he’s elite

It’s just pure funny they ppl are acting like he only shows up when games don’t matter, despite him only been with us since TDL and has been decent since he arrived.
Until he shows that he’s another Gralund, he doesn’t deserve the hates

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
This year. Who knows what those players are next year. Is this a blip for Markstrom and he goes back to average? Does Pearson over a full season play more like the player in Pittsburgh? After a couple injuries is Roussel gonna be the same player? Can Stecher and Demko continue to get better or will they stagnate?

Just saying, oh yea we good with these players is disingenious at best.
Markstrom has been solid for the two seasons behind the exact same D core though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad