Injury Report: Tanner Glass - (MUMPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Sigh.

He's still a person, no matter how much I hate his play, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
i think you're right... it's a pretty common occurence, but i do think he's also probably got something--no need to lie... but remember Drury? more to that story than we'll ever know from what i've heard...

Do tell. If it's iffy with the HF libel policies, PM me, very curious

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
How on earth do we have so many cases of mumps! Am I wrong? Perry, Beauchemin, Stoner, Glass and maybe Boyle?!?! You guys have vaccination right?

This is crazy.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Yea hope glass gets better and if the replacements can't lock up a spot while he is out then they don't deserve to stay up . Time for fast and miller to show up

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Tanner Glass get well soon but not back in the lineup. I hope to God no one else is infected.

On the bright side we can hope that someone impresses in his spot and keeps glass from getting back on the ice.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
How on earth do we have so many cases of mumps! Am I wrong? Perry, Beauchemin, Stoner, Glass and maybe Boyle?!?! You guys have vaccination right?

This is crazy.

Yes, there is vaccination. Immunity wears off with time, so people have to be responsible about getting boosters.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yes, there is vaccination. Immunity wears off with time, so people have to be responsible about getting boosters.

Yes, during the course of routine pregnancy blood work my wife found out that she needs to be re-vaccinated for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella). They do wear off and apparently more quickly in some people than others.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I really want to see people defending his spot in the lineup after tonight. I'm not saying Miller, Fast, or Duclair are long-term answers to 4th line LW but it actually looked like we had 3 forwards playing.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So glass definitely has it, but what about Boyle? Are flu like symptoms just that or could he possibly also have the mumps?

Someone posted in the GDT a quote from Boyle that he already felt better, and something that said there's no indication that Boyle's illness is related to Glass' thing.

EDIT: “@AGrossRecord: Dan Boyle reported to Rangers he is already feeling better from flu-like symptoms. There is no indication this is related to Glass mumps.”

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
As a health care professional, how did a Ranger get the mumps when the only confirmed cases were in Anaheim? They need to disinfect the locker rooms completely. The mumps in an adult is no joke.

According to Gross there also have been cases with St. Louis and Minnesota. What I don't understand is why the whole league hasn't gotten booster shots, given the multiple occurrances and the fact that's a much more serious situation when adults come down with it.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I wish Glass a speedy recovery, but I hope he sits even when healthy. Lee Stempniak lost his spot in the lineup when he had his back issues. Being a far inferior player, and with the 4th line looking worlds better without him, I hope we don't see Glass for a while.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
According to Gross there also have been cases with St. Louis and Minnesota. What I don't understand is why the whole league hasn't gotten booster shots, given the multiple occurrances and the fact that's a much more serious situation when adults come down with it.

After the Ducks, Wild, and Blues had their mumps outbreaks, several western conference teams got MMR booster shots. I guess they are dealing with it on a team-by-team basis?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
From Yahoo!:

— Tanner Glass has missed the last two games with the mumps, and that has allowed to Rangers to ice their best fourth line. Nobody wants to see a player get injured or sick, but perhaps coach Alain Vigneault will finally realize that a fourth line without him is the most effective. Fourth liners Jesper Fast and J.T. Miller each had a goal and an assist, while Dominic Moore finished a plus-three. Lee Stempniak (another player who has played on the fourth line) potted the empty netter

Even the Yahoo! fantasy writers know. :laugh:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
From Yahoo!:

Even the Yahoo! fantasy writers know. :laugh:

there is no way AV puts Glass back in the lineup immediately after his recovery.

worst case, he'll wait till this 4th line has a bad game, insert glass, and the line will perform worse once again, at which point Slats should make the call to AV to scratch Glass, period...

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
there is no way AV puts Glass back in the lineup immediately after his recovery.

worst case, he'll wait till this 4th line has a bad game, insert glass, and the line will perform worse once again, at which point Slats should make the call to AV to scratch Glass, period...

That's exactly what will likely happen

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
After the Ducks, Wild, and Blues had their mumps outbreaks, several western conference teams got MMR booster shots. I guess they are dealing with it on a team-by-team basis?

I saw mention that the Rangers medical staff did testing several weeks ago--some players got boosters then, some got their shot yesterday (which makes no sense to me--since it probably takes several weeks to fully activate). But, I really don't know the details enough to say. Although I do know that diseases like mumps are on the rise again. And having had mumps as a child (and later watching my father get it), I can tell you it's no fun at any age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad