Injury Report: Tanner Glass - (MUMPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The discussion of Tanner Glass keeps bleeding into other threads. Lets just ***** about him here instead.

I'll start, Glass sucks.

EDIT: Wrong thread prefix, lol.

thenumbersdonotlie*

You just contradicted yourself with Glass in the other thread. You stated AV wants to win games instead of beating people up. If that was the case, Glass would never see the ice because he's a terrible hockey player.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You just contradicted yourself with Glass in the other thread. You stated AV wants to win games instead of beating people up. If that was the case, Glass would never see the ice because he's a terrible hockey player.

Glass seems to be the lone exception.

I'm seriously convinced he has nudes of AV somewhere.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I still have some hope that Glass will get Pyatt'ed in a week or two.

AV can't like what he sees here. Glass does nothing positive.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's complete garbage. He's okay at his role, but his role is antiqued and not very useful. I like AV in general but am baffled by his commitment to a generally worthless hockey player.

*Bob Richards*

Felt really bad for him because he got so much heat before even playing a game but he's just not a good hockey player.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I didn't want to pile on the guy about his play before he even put on the sweater. Now that we've seen him a bit, he's pretty much as advertised, which isn't great. I'm sure he's a good guy and a positive influence in the room, but priorities need to be kept in mind. Ultimately these guys need to field the best team to win hockey games, and I don't think he's really a part of that.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I wouldn't mind him as a 13th F. Someone to insert into the lineup against the bigger, more physical teams (STL, BOS, PHI, etc.). Someone that you give ~20 games a season.

How this guy manages to stick as a regular is beyond me. I gave him every benefit of the doubt and waited until I had a pretty good sample size to pass judgement. He's just a bad hockey player. The amount of routine plays that he manages to bungle is just staggering. He turns the puck over more than almost anyone else on the roster, regularly fans on passes, and can't even seem to make a simple chip-and-chase play.

With that being said, I do feel a little bad for the guy. Everyone hates him, but he could be a decent in a 13th F role. You put him in every 4 or 5 games to light a fire under someone's ass, and tell him to skate hard and hit anything that moves. Use him as a spark plug, and to push a player that needs pushing. Use him against the teams that beat us up.

Now, I'm not a fancystats bible thumper, but it's pretty obvious that AV is, or at least prescribes to a puck-possession philosophy. What, then, is his obsession with one of the worst players in the league regarding possession? (That last sentence sounded like a poetry slam...)

TorontoMapleLeafsFan*

The discussion of Tanner Glass keeps bleeding into other threads. Lets just ***** about him here instead.

I'll start, Glass sucks.

EDIT: Wrong thread prefix, lol.

I would put Tanner Glass on waivers and send him to the AHL and bring up Nick Tarnasky to be on the fourth line as a enforcer/grinder.

BarbaraAlphanse

Can't really say I trust anyone more right now to do the job that he is given. Hasn't been good but I don't see a replacement for him w/o a trade - which I think is actually very probable. We need guys to protect leads, now.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I was really hoping Kantor would show something because I feel like he'd be a good fit for the role Glass is in now.

I wanted to give Glass the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the season, but he's just shown he's the same player he has been his whole career. There were much better options for a 4th line left wing, and I really wish they'd have been signed than Glass

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Can't really say I trust anyone more right now to do the job that he is given. Hasn't been good but I don't see a replacement for him w/o a trade - which I think is actually very probable. We need guys to protect leads, now.

Glass is probably the least efficient player on the roster for "protecting leads".

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't see how you guys can judge him when he hasn't even had a Christmas with the club yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad