Injury Report: Tanner Glass - (MUMPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I almost feel sorry for Tanner Glass - he've a lot of grit and heart, but it ain't easy to play for New York Rangers.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Well, he's getting paid plenty, which should take the sting out of whatever criticism he gets.

It's not hard to play for NYR as long as you are a decent player. We like our guys for the most part.

I feel more sorry for the ticket-holders who want to see a winning team.

bscharf

Jan 28, 2010
I didn't understand the offseason move. Dorsett brought alot more to the table.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Glass' total contract value and annual cap hit is so incommensurate with what he affords our team, that it demands action.

I have applauded AV's patience in the past. A good example is Benoit Pouliot. I remember Benny started the year attrociously, getting ripped on HFboards, but patience payed off and he blossomed on that Brass/Zuc line. However, that's a case of a player having potential, which I don't see Glass having.

I really just don't see what TG can provide this team with. His play and cap liability are mesmerizingly burdensome.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Glass' total contract value and annual cap hit is so incommensurate with what he affords our team, that it demands action.

I have applauded AV's patience in the past. A good example is Benoit Pouliot. I remember Benny started the year attrociously, getting ripped on HFboards, but patience payed off and he blossomed on that Brass/Zuc line. However, that's a case of a player having potential, which I don't see Glass having.

I really just don't see what TG can provide this team with. His play and cap liability are mesmerizingly burdensome.

Not only that but Mr. Pouliots numbers showed he was a very consistent scorer even with limited ice time. There was some expectation there even before he started to perform with the Rangers, and thus the "wait and see" patient approach was warranted even more so.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Quote Blueshirts: http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/article/friday-pre-game-mac-back

In addition to the changes on the back end, the Rangers will see a swap of forwards, as well, against the Flyers. Tanner Glass will miss his first game of the season because he is suffering from flu-like symptoms, meaning Lee Stempniak--scratched three straight--will replace him in the lineup this afternoon.

As a preemptive measure, Glass was sent home by the team early Friday morning.
Cam Talbot, 1-2-1 with a 2.70 GAA, will make his fifth start of the season, and second straight against the Flyers. He shut out the Flyers 2-0 nine days ago in New York.

Jim Cerny
BlueshirtsUnited.com
Twitter

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don't know if they use flu-like symptoms as an excuse to get scratched, but it will be just speculations. T. Glass will indeed miss his first game of the year vs. Flyers.
Personally, I think it was a healthy scratch and about time to rest him for couple of matches at least.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't know if they use flu-like symptoms as an excuse to get scratched, but it will be just speculations. T. Glass will indeed miss his first game of the year vs. Flyers.
Personally, I think it was a healthy scratch and about time to rest him for couple of matches at least.
I'm always amazed in people's ability to see what they want to see.

Dorado*

I would love to bury him in minors or send him away for a 7 D and trade John Moore to LA for Jordan Nolan

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
So Tanner Glass has mumps and may have given them to Boyle. Even in taking himself out of the lineup he manages to hurt us.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Yeah he has the mumps. There's no conspiracy at all. Fourth line players get scratched sometimes - they wouldn't need a cover story for something so utterly meaningless.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Yeah he has the mumps. There's no conspiracy at all. Fourth line players get scratched sometimes - they wouldn't need a cover story for something so utterly meaningless.

Especially after being so open about scratching other guys (Stempniak, Duclair) when they're healthy.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I hope he makes a fast recovery, same with any team member or any player afflicted. Like Tanner Steel or not he's still a person and he's still a Ranger.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
As a health care professional, how did a Ranger get the mumps when the only confirmed cases were in Anaheim? They need to disinfect the locker rooms completely. The mumps in an adult is no joke.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet

i think you're right... it's a pretty common occurence, but i do think he's also probably got something--no need to lie... but remember Drury? more to that story than we'll ever know from what i've heard...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Tanner Glass' even strength Fenwick +/- = -25.

Rick Nash's shorthanded Fenwick +/- = -17.

As a human, get well soon.

As a Rangers forward, well, I hope they keep winning with you on the sideline :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad