Injury Report: Tanner Glass - (MUMPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that AV is playing him because he's his guy and he thinks it'll look bad if he'll be a healthy scratch every night? One the one hand I really hope that's not the case on the other hand if it isn't then our coach is blind.

My girlfriend suggested last night maybe AV is playing him so much to show Sather just how bad he is so he will wilt under the pressure of watching him leave skidmarks all over the ice every game. :laugh:

Again, assuming Sather might have some say in whether or not Glass needs to be playing.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Maybe not you, but looking down on those who had the gall to judge a player on his NHL track record before playing with the Rangers was a pretty common exercise.

The best part of this is, I'm sure the next time it happens the reaction will be exactly the same.

BLOCKERSAVE

Jan 16, 2013
I had a open mind about Glass. We do need a banger and physical force on the 4th line. But after last night, he really is not a good player. How do players like him make it to the NHL?

AHB*

but how important is that, anyway?

Arguably the most important item of skill in AV's system.

The worst part about this ordeal is we have to FAR superior players rotating in and out of the lineup around him in Stempniak and Fast. It seriously makes no sense.

I'm sure Stempniak will be in for Fast next game and we'll see more of the same from Gas. I don't know what I'm more disgusted by, the fact that we let Boyle, Dorsett and Carcillo leave for this sack or that we constantly trot him out there ahead of a plethora of guys we have in the minors and Stempniak/Duke/Fast.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
This guy really gets me pissed off. I'm willing to do dirty things for him to stay the **** away from this roster. Go to Tampa you sack of ****!

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Guys the Rangers could have had for less money and/or years than Glass this offseason.

Luckily they got Stempniak, but man.

Last edited:

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
this guy was responsible for two goals against last night. it's his job to be responsible defensively, especially since he adds zero offense. i would argue he subtracts from the offense since he can't hold on to the puck or make a play with it. how can AV automatically play him every night? it's obvious he doesn't belong in the NHL.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Can we organize a Rangers fan fund to buy out his contract?

acb.jpg

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
this guy was responsible for two goals against last night. it's his job to be responsible defensively, especially since he adds zero offense. i would argue he subtracts from the offense since he can't hold on to the puck or make a play with it. how can AV automatically play him every night? it's obvious he doesn't belong in the NHL.

he's good with the back-slapping and the big hits after the puck is already gone.

a unique skill set for sure ....

I have to think either they are shopping him, or, as suggested here, AV has to demonstrate to Sather that he should not be in the regular line-up.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
At practice, Stempniak is with Hayes and Hagelin. So that likely means no changes to the fourth. Brilliant... Glass has a horrid game, so we scratch Duclair, messing with a line that played well against one of the league's top teams.

Like I said, brilliant.

Dorado*

At practice, Stempniak is with Hayes and Hagelin. So that likely means no changes to the fourth. Brilliant... Glass has a horrid game, so we scratch Duclair, messing with a line that played well against one of the league's top teams.

Like I said, brilliant.
Duke is sitting in favor of stemp and glass isn't coming out of what will most likely a chippy game , given we just shut them out . I don't agree with it but this is the logic

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I'm having flash back to Taylor Pyatt here with Glass. Hopefully with the same outcome...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What do you guys think of the Poti-York trade?

Should the Rangers have honored Tomas Kundratek's trade request?

Is this the year Jarkko Immonen finally gets his chance?

#LetsTalkAboutSomethingElse

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I hated the Poti-York deal at the time it was made

If a B prospect demands a trade, you trade him. Not worth the headache.

Immonen was never a good enough skater for the NHL

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

He's only a fourth liner bro...

*Bob Richards*

I'm amazed that he's stuck around for almost 400 games. Seems like even Vancouver and Pittsburgh fans thought he was bad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad