Tanking for Alexis Lafreniere

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Molson isn't actually that rich. The Molsons are certainly on the poorer side of things as franchise owners (neither do they have the talent to grow their wealth that much).
do you know how much Molson paid for the Habs and what is the value of the team now ?

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I want Lafreniere so bad on Montreal and MB had all the chances in the world to better his chances to acquire him and somehow he blew that too. After the deadline MB makes me miss the Gomez, Gionta, Cammlleri era. At least then there was some direction and even that is far fetched but games were exciting

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I want Lafreniere so bad on Montreal and MB had all the chances in the world to better his chances to acquire him and somehow he blew that too. After the deadline MB makes me miss the Gomez, Gionta, Cammlleri era. At least then there was some direction and even that is far fetched but games were exciting

Yeah but we have Jordan Weal and Max Domi, plus we will probably finish 12th in the draft. Our superstar pick is in the AHL, while Quinn Hughes rubbed it in our faces what we could have had. Feeling gross yet? There is no chance of AL, not even a remote one. The Sens have the best chances with their 2 picks, and good old Detroit is all over the bottom.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Yeah but we have Jordan Weal and Max Domi, plus we will probably finish 12th in the draft. Our superstar pick is in the AHL, while Quinn Hughes rubbed it in our faces what we could have had. Feeling gross yet? There is no chance of AL, not even a remote one. The Sens have the best chances with their 2 picks, and good old Detroit is all over the bottom.

Thanks, I was having an okay day today too

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
You mean how much BCE paid for the habs? 500-550m, it is worth 3x that now. That's a lot of money for sure, but they are not the Bronfmans, far from it.
You said "neither do they have the talent to grow their wealth that much" . His team is worth 3 x now .

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I don't even want for habs to win the lottery
I don't want it because its gonna safe Bergevin. Bergevin does not deserves any luck.
You don't want a franchise player for the next 25 -28 next years because Bergevin doesn't deserves any luck ????

what !.jpg

Reactions: jaffy27 and get25

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You said "neither do they have the talent to grow their wealth that much" . His team is worth 3 x now .

to be fair, corporate valuations are usually a load of crap, usually enhance to make the shareholders all warm an fuzzy inside.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

In the same amount of time, stock markets assets went higher, they lost money.

The habs actually lost value in the last 3 weeks. There's a financial aspect to the Bergevin debacle. And that's easy to understand when playoffs are net profit and we are not close to being part of these playoffs.

Last edited:

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
6th last is possible!!

Tonight , hope for

a loss to the rangers

a miracle in the chicago vs tampa game

a devils win in ot agaisnt the sharks

a minnesota win agaisnt the struggling wings!!

An ottawa win at home vs the nucks even if id be surprised to reach the 3rd last place team!

I can’t wait to rick flair woooo at the forum this summer during drafts day!

give me a lottery pick baby!

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
6th last is possible!!

Tonight , hope for

a loss to the rangers

An ottawa win at home vs the nucks even if id be surprised to reach the 3rd last place team!

Calgary/Nashville game as well, both are within reach for us.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
6th last is possible!!

Tonight , hope for

a loss to the rangers

Just need that Devils win now. The rest came to pass.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah, Chicago and Minnesota both won. Wild passed us ... again. Chicago moved within 3 points with 2 games in hand.

Buffalo plays tomorrow night vs Vegas. I expect a loss there but that's still only one of the 3 games in hand they have against us. They're one point back.

New Jersey is playing better too. Yes, they're 7 pts back but have 4 games in hand. It's not entirely impossible that they would catch us. Devils play the Sharks tonight and the Kings Saturday, so definitely winnable games for them.

The bottom 5 are all tank captains.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I like our chance of finishing bottom 10. We likely don't catch up the wilds, jets, or panthers, which means we end up bottom 10.
The lowest I see us finishing is 6th.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
NJ is in OT against Sharks.

Sharks win it in OT.

NJ picks up a point, so now 6 pts back with still 3 games in hand. They play Kings Saturday afternoon.

Oh, San Jose is going to kill us again when we play them. lol They don't look bad. Playing a lot of young kids and they bring speed & energy. They also take everything to the net.

Reactions: dralaf

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Is he as good as a Lafleur?

Would Lafleur career reached the height it did if he had been drafted by Golden Seals?
Habs in 1971 had a pretty good team.

We are probably nearer to Seals than Habs from 1971.
4 30+ goals scorer (Lafleur had 29) + Savard, Laperriere, Tremblay, Lapointe,
We were top-3 in the league, would be like the Blues drafting Lafreniere. Add Robinson who was drafted the same year.
So add Lafreniere and Dahlin to the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad