Tanking for Alexis Lafreniere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Ground Rules:
If you want to cheer against your Habs so they can improve their draft position do it here.

If you root against the Habs in GDT's or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

This thread is a sanctuary for tankers.

Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

Tank you for your support.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think most that covet a high draft pick don’t cheer against the Habs in individual games. I can’t watch them play and cheer for the other team. At the same time, it gets to the point where you feel you’re much better off with acquiring high draft picks than finishing just outside of the playoffs year after year. There’s a fine line here.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
pq7ybAK.jpg

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
I think most that covet a high draft pick don’t cheer against the Habs in individual games. I can’t watch them play and cheer for the other team. At the same time, it gets to the point where you feel you’re much better off with acquiring high draft picks than finishing just outside of the playoffs year after year. There’s a fine line here.
Yeah...when I watch the games I want the team to win...when the team gets 2 points I have a bit of 'buyers remorse' because I want a high pick too.

I don't think we have any serious shot at Lafreniere. A top 10 pick would be fine. Dylan Holloway intrigues me as a player we might actually be able to land, and I'd be fine with that. Presumably we've scouting the heck out of him at Wisco.

Any top 10 pick is okay with me, really.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We're already 10 pts back of a WC spot. Those teams still have a game in hand. The Metro is an absolute dog fight and will put 5 teams in the playoffs.

It's over. We're tanking whether we want to or not. A Bergevin special really. He never plans for us to fail. He always believes in his team. The end result is a top 10 pick rather than a top 10 team.

It's a good year to sell. We have at chance at 7th position in draft and a better opportunity to maybe win the draft lottery or at the very least draft a real good young player.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
The last thing that kid needs for his sanity is to be drafted by Montreal tbh. Let him do his ELC/RFA years somewhere else and hopefully when the Habs are in a decent position (with new management) we bring him back home, Tavares style

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
I don't know how much you Guys-Gals Gamble in Real-Life? Last Time Montreal had a chance for First and still jumped to 3rd(KK) I had to re-hit the Draft Simulator 52 times to get #1(Dahlin) You can't build a team or Life on the Lotto....

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I don't know how much you Guys-Gals Gamble in Real-Life? Last Time Montreal had a chance for First and still jumped to 3rd(KK) I had to re-hit the Draft Simulator 52 times to get #1(Dahlin) You can't build a team or Life on the Lotto....
I double down on 12 whenever I get a chance. Everyone thinks you’re a fool til it works then you look like a freakin genius. Can’t win if you don’t play

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
To make it clear when discussing draft position... dropping in the standings doesn’t guarantee a top-3 pick, but it does help your overall draft position. If teams leap frog us, better to drop from 5 to 7 than 12 to 14.

Anyhow, we aren’t going to finish last but hopefully we get lucky on draft lottery night.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I hope we go on a 15 game losing streak

I hope Price and Weber both ask to be traded.

Then Molson gets hired by Cirque du Soleil to be the guy getting shot out of a cannon.

Then the new President, a purely English speaking individual with an active disdain for learning the French language, not because he doesn't like the culture but because he feeds on triggering the media, fires MB who then gets hired by Cavalia to be a donkey, on which a buff, vain but mostly incompetent midget would ride on and would symbolize his tenure as GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad