Tank Watch: Chad Johnson Replaces Robin Lehner To Ensure a Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Don’t go into any field involving critical thinking. Really.

Some of you guys just write down the first conclusion that pops into your head without putting any thought into it.

Such an awful thread because it’s so wrong.

I have a university degree in philosophy so try again.

I was hammered and was commenting on them "pulling" Lehner moreso than on Johnson not trying. Professional athletes don't throw games.

Congrats on taking HF so seriously.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
It's like nobody saw the game but everyone's an expert lmao. Johnson left the net for a 6v5 and Buffalo lost the puck. Johnson tried to get back but couldn't. Buffalo isn't "tanking".

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It was fun to see Chad Johnson step up in the game against Toronto and have Jack Eichel go full Boyd Devereaux to keep Rasmus Dahlin out of Western New York the other night.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
This is why the Canucks deserve #1

Atleast we suck for real. The Canucks have their dignity and have tried to remain competative.

But we all know honesty doesn't get you anywhere. Sabres will be gifted the #1 like the Oilers and Leafs have been. Maybe for once honesty will be rewarded.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I'm not sure that's "tanking", but LOLOLOLOLOLOL at that coverage Risto. That's one player that's clearly given up and I doubt he cares very much what happens at the draft.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
This is why the Canucks deserve #1

Atleast we suck for real. The Canucks have their dignity and have tried to remain competative.

But we all know honesty doesn't get you anywhere. Sabres will be gifted the #1 like the Oilers and Leafs have been. Maybe for once honesty will be rewarded.
Find your favorite face palm emoji and send it to yourself :laugh:

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
For some reason I read this wrong and read "tank Johnson" and then I thought they put in this guy.

David-Tank-Abbott.jpg

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Second was a deflection off his own player to an open man, third I think/hope he was on his way to the bench for an extra attacker. But yeah, overall he's not as good as Lehner obviously and if Lehner was pulled unnecessarily that doesn't look great.

If all it took to build a great team was a ton of tanking and high picks, Sabres would be champions twice over by now.

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
What a shock, the Sabres blatantly tanking yet again. They should’ve been contracted for the BS they pulled to try to get McDavid.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Lehner sucked when he was playing anyway....Johnson's 3rd GA was only because he was in the middle of being pulled.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Which is why people are kinda dumb for coming to that conclusion after only seeing a 3 second gif.

The fact that someone saw the original play knowing exactly what happened, then created a gif to remove all sense of context, and THEN created a post with this kind of headline to intentionally mislead people on here is ban-worthy, IMO.

Edit- can someone post a longer clip of the 3rd goal so that people can see just how ridiculous this bull **** is?

Here: make sure to watch all replays

It wouldn't be his first time:

I've been around since 2003. My last account got banned for too many infractions, so I re-registered.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Do I think Johnson purposely threw the game? No.

Do I think Buffalo purposely put in a worse goalie in hopes of losing the game? Yes.
put in a worse goalie? Really Lehner was one of the main reasons they were losing the game to begin with.

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
TBH, at this point, the sabres are better when they start johnson.

Well from what I am reading by other posters is he was pulled before Buffalo had full possession. Still bad

why dont you just watch it yourself?

they had possession. evan rodriguez made a blind pass after entering the ozone.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
TBH, at this point, the sabres are better when they start johnson.

why dont you just watch it yourself?

they had possession. evan rodriguez made a blind pass after entering the ozone.

Why should I? My original post of "WOw that 3rd goal" was interpreted by some people as "WOW THAT 3RD GOAL IS CONCRETE PROOF BUFFALO IS TANKING AND THEY SHOULD FORFEIT THEIR PICK THIS YEAR".

All I meant is that if that was my team, I'd be frustrated if that goal was scored against. I never accused Buffalo of tanking on purpose not even once.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
ITT: Mad Red Wings and Canucks fans who feel threatened by a team below them in the standings because they think Dahlin belongs to their respective teams for whatever reason.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
And at the other end of the spectrum the Coyotes have been playing like they are fighting for their playoff lives when in reality they have been hadn't a playoff chance since November.

I don't know who is right or who is wrong in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig