Tank Watch: Chad Johnson Replaces Robin Lehner To Ensure a Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
why would Chad Johnson care about a tank, I am guessing he is playing for a job next year and it is not going to be with a future good Sabres team, but was he drunk when he came in

Reactions: Calendal

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm not too sure I could blame Johnson for any of those.

And lol at the moronic posts criticizing him on the third goal. Seriously, get a brain and then use it.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The first two goals really aren't that bad... The first goal was a pretty bang-bang play pretty quickly that would be hard for anyone to save.

The second one was an absolutely threaded pass. I'm sure CJ didn't expect that pass to make it all the way through. The defense really s**t the bed on that play, two of them there, but the pass goes right on the guy's tape.

Third goal was Buffalo getting caught trying to go 6 on 5.

All of this after Johnson has to come into the game after setting on the bench for 2 straight periods. If Lehner felt even so much as a tiny tweak it's smart to pull him out. Why risk your starting goalie in a meaningless game at the end of the season?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Imagine if Chicago lost tonight. Goalie gets injured mysteriously playing soccer, backup goalie gets injured, first time ever for an emergency goalie to actually play..just coming off a 109 point season. Damn them for trying to lose on purpose! Those beer league goalies are just too good...or were the Jet's trying to lose on purpose? hmm!! :laugh:

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Well, based on the video in the first post, it looked as if he were playing far out of this crease, rather than being caught trying to make a 6-on-5 breakout.
Which is why people are kinda dumb for coming to that conclusion after only seeing a 3 second gif.

The fact that someone saw the original play knowing exactly what happened, then created a gif to remove all sense of context, and THEN created a post with this kind of headline to intentionally mislead people on here is ban-worthy, IMO.

Edit- can someone post a longer clip of the 3rd goal so that people can see just how ridiculous this bull shit is?

Here: make sure to watch all replays

Last edited:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Hard to believe this is the same guy that stoned the Leafs the other night. FFS

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
If you want to think it was a bad decision to pull him at that time then that is fine and is a different argument, but him being way out of the net isn't proof he was intentionally trying to lose.

I never said it was proof he was intentionally trying to lose? Where did I say that? All I initially said was "Wow that 3rd goal".

Why don’t you watch the entire play rather than speculate based on comments from other posters? It was an awful turnover that caused Johnson to be way out of position.

What's your point exactly? All I said is "wow that third goal" and I'm having to defend assumptions you are making on what I meant by that? All I meant is it looks bad. I never blamed a specific party or hinted that Johnson "did it on purpose to lose the game" or whatever you think I am insinuating.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Players don't tank..never will tank. Think more highly of NHL athletes. These guys are playing for jobs and salaries.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Considering Johnson is a UFA to be I doubt he’s willing to hurt his chances at a new contract to help out his current team he is not signed with tank.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Johnson is definitely better than Lehner (both suck though).... instills significantly more confidence in the team. If we were purposely tanking we definitely wouldn't be shutting down Lehner for the year

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Considering Johnson is a UFA to be I doubt he’s willing to hurt his chances at a new contract to help out his current team he is not signed with tank.

Do I think Johnson purposely threw the game? No.

Do I think Buffalo purposely put in a worse goalie in hopes of losing the game? Yes.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's easy to just say there's a bunch of 15 year olds in this thread but the sad reality is a lot of these posts are being made by dudes in their 30s who might even be allowed to raise children*.

*One weekend every month.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Which is why people are kinda dumb for coming to that conclusion after only seeing a 3 second gif.

The fact that someone saw the original play knowing exactly what happened, then created a gif to remove all sense of context, and THEN created a post with this kind of headline to intentionally mislead people on here is ban-worthy, IMO.

Edit- can someone post a longer clip of the 3rd goal so that people can see just how ridiculous this bull **** is?

Here: make sure to watch all replays

You said that correctly.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Are you people serious? Johnson had a very small chance at getting the first 2 goals and the 3rd goal happened when the Sabres tried to pull their goalie to tie the game. Do you really think that's tanking?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’m not going to even read what is probably the nonsense of this thread.

I promise you the Sabres aren’t losing on purpose. We really are this bad, and it’s really depressing.

I want nothing more than to end the next 5 games 5-0-0. We were supposed to be good by now, but we’re not even underwhelming. We have 1 superstar and a lot of nothing else.

And with the contracts we have, we’re f***ed until further notice. There’s no Colorado jersey story here. There’s just a collection of pieces Murray assembled that don’t fit, and no plan to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad