Tank Watch: Chad Johnson Replaces Robin Lehner To Ensure a Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Tonight the Buffalo Sabres trailed the Detroit Red Wings 3-2 headed into the third period. Robin Lehner is mysteriously replaced after two periods with an "undisclosed injury" after stopping 17 of 20 shots. Tank commander Chad Johnson comes in to allow 3 goals on 9 shots, ensuring a loss with this spectacular goaltending performance.

A6smDgD.gif

LzIQdKF.gif

rkQqJZL.gif

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yeah no **** why is he playing out that far? No goalie in their right minds would play that situation out that far.

Maybe, he was trying to pass the puck to a player, and then the puck got intercepted by a Detroit player. He probably didn't have time to move back, once the puck got intercepted.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Hmmmm,

Came in here full of doubt, thinking about tin foil etc. (for both OP and actual situation)

Are these clips for real? Is Buffalo outright "tanking"?

Karma and lottery will take care of that though, you know they will!

Reactions: DEVILS130

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Hmmmm,

Came in here full of doubt, thinking about tin foil etc. (for both OP and actual situation)

Are these clips for real? Is Buffalo outright "tanking"?

Karma and lottery will take care of that though, you know they will!

Don't they get fined for doing that?

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Don't they get fined for doing that?

No one is actually tanking, you can't do that without it being obvious.

These are short clips that just look like they put that goalie in and told him to play as bad as possible, but it was probably just the whole team is mailing it in not to tank but just because there's nothing left to play for.

That's not tanking but these short clips make it look like they're trying to lose. They probably just don't care that much at this point and the losses happen because of that.

Only the coach and management can "tank" and even then they might just want to get a look at their farm players getting some NHL time because their season is a wright off.

Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: karnige

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
No one is actually tanking, you can't do that without it being obvious.

These are short clips that just look like they put that goalie in and told him to play as bad as possible, but it was probably just the whole team is mailing it in not to tank but just because there's nothing left to play for.

That's not tanking but these short clips make it look like they're trying to lose. They probably just don't care that much at this point and the losses happen because of that.

Only the coach and management can "tank" and even then they might just want to get a look at their farm players getting some NHL time because their season is a wright off.

Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, so you're saying there's no conclusive evidence that they're tanking.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Yeah, so you're saying there's no conclusive evidence that they're tanking.

I'm saying if they are, karma is a bitch.

How can you tell if an actual team is onboard with a "tank"?

I don't know the roster Buffalo has going. Have they brought up AHL players to get a look? Because that is smart tanking and not even necessarily tanking, just taking opportunity when you know you aren't making the playoffs.

But those short clips of the goalie look bad, but maybe they were just playing that bad?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I'm saying if they are, karma is a *****.

How can you tell if an actual team is onboard with a "tank"?

I don't know the roster Buffalo has going. Have they brought up AHL players to get a look? Because that is smart tanking and not even necessarily tanking, just taking opportunity when you know you aren't making the playoffs.

But those short clips of the goalie look bad, but maybe they were just playing that bad?

Yeah, the short one looks to be blatant tanking.

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
Really horrible D in the two first goals. He commits to the obvious shot, but in both times the d-coverage fails to take a player out from the backdoor. No freaking clue what happens in the 3rd, but damage has already been done - and by the whole unit in d-zone.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
Lol. This is absurd. I guarantee you after the results of the last tank, this franchise is not dealing with that shit show again. This is a year similar to the avalanches last year. New coach, zero luck, bad performances and injuries all around. The only problem is we'd need a miracle to have the turn around the Avs have had

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah, all three goals look like there was a pot bellied beer league goalie in net. He literally looks like he isn't even trying, which is a) very embarrassing and b) should be seriously looked at for game fixing.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Well, there's two things that could be true.

1. Buffalo is tanking purposefully
2. Buffalo has the worst ownership, management and players in all of professional sport

I would put my money on number 1.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Well, there's two things that could be true.

1. Buffalo is tanking purposefully
2. Buffalo has the worst ownership, management and players in all of professional sport

I would put my money on number 1.

The last video was the one that convinced me Buffalo was intentionally trying to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig