Tank Watch: Chad Johnson Replaces Robin Lehner To Ensure a Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
"Trying to lose":

-Didn't start OP-alleged tank commander Chad Johnson.
-Pulled goalie for extra attacker down late.
-Played Mittelstadt.
-Eichel and ROR led the team in ice time.

Reactions: Taro Tsujimoto

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Nothing wrong with Eichel. I was making a point. And if your watched the lottery and the GM expression after losing out on McDavid it speaks for it self

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I might be the biggest critic of the previous Sabres tank job, but I think there probably was an injury to Lehner here. Not buying that a coach would sit someone in order to lose.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Don't they get fined for doing that?
Don't know if there is a written penalty for tanking, but I'd imagine if it was a coach or player doing it they would be banned from the league. But as I said above, I don't think this is at all a case of that.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Don't know if there is a written penalty for tanking, but I'd imagine if it was a coach or player doing it they would be banned from the league. But as I said above, I don't think this is at all a case of that.

Maybe, lottery was the only limitation they put on tanking teams.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I can't believe how stupid some of you are. Only on HF:

Sabres call up their young star potential prospect in Middlestadt, give the most ice time to their two best players in Eichel and ROR, then pull Lehner after he allows three goals straight to give up a 2-0 lead, and some people think this proves tanking because Chad Johnson got caught far out when the sabres were trying to pull the goalie late in the game for the 6 on 5.

Like you have to be willfully ignorant.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I can't believe how stupid some of you are. Only on HF:

Sabres call up their young star potential prospect in Middlestadt, give the most ice time to their two best players in Eichel and ROR, then pull Lehner after he allows three goals straight to give up a 2-0 lead, and some people think this proves tanking because Chad Johnson got caught far out when the sabres were trying to pull the goalie late in the game for the 6 on 5.

Like you have to be willfully ignorant.

Well, based on the video in the first post, it looked as if he were playing far out of this crease, rather than being caught trying to make a 6-on-5 breakout.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Well, based on the video in the first post, it looked as if he were playing far out of this crease, rather than being caught trying to make a 6-on-5 breakout.

Yes because the video is edited to remove context. Maybe believe the people who were watching the game instead of a 5 second vine clip designed to make you believe a claim.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
HE.....WAS......BEING.....PULLED.......CONTEXT MOTHER ****ER DO YOU HAVE IT? (please note I am not calling you a MF I am just quoting pulp fiction for emphasis)

Well from what I am reading by other posters is he was pulled before Buffalo had full possession. Still bad

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yes because the video is edited to remove context. Maybe believe the people who were watching the game instead of a 5 second vine clip designed to make you believe a claim.

Maybe, if they were apparent,...well, at least I know(One of the posters informed me of this.).

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Well from what I am reading by other posters is he was pulled before Buffalo had full possession. Still bad

If you want to think it was a bad decision to pull him at that time then that is fine and is a different argument, but him being way out of the net isn't proof he was intentionally trying to lose.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Funny story, if we had lost 6-2 with Lehner in net a post would have been started about how we are tanking by not pulling Lehner when we still had a chance to win the game.

"Lehner lets in 3 softies to give up 2 goal lead and Sabres leave him in net, proof they are tanking?"

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

Why don’t you watch the entire play rather than speculate based on comments from other posters? It was an awful turnover that caused Johnson to be way out of position.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Second one wasent even that bad...
Third one happens when your team pulls you without possesion.

Buffalo just sucks. Tank commanders , ruining it for tanking teams like mtl and Detroit this year with their god dam mediocre team

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Considering the damage that idiot TMur did with his very open tank-job I am surprised to see them do this again.

At home too?

Damn. Ice cold.

Don’t go into any field involving critical thinking. Really.

Some of you guys just write down the first conclusion that pops into your head without putting any thought into it.

Such an awful thread because it’s so wrong.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The second one could happen to every goalie in the league. He heard a puck being shot and instinctively fell to his knees. Goalies do that these days when they see nothing.
The third was a turnover after just being pulled.

Defense was bad in second and third; goalie was bad in the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad