Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVIII: Final Stretch?!?! (Arizona @ Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

You don't have to be a nervous wreck to be worried.

You don't need to be worried to care about McEichel.

I care. I've gone through this **** season I want McEichel as much as the next guy. But to suggest that my confidence in the team finishes last is me not caring about McEichel is straight up stupid.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
God if this goes til Saturday I'll be a nervous wreck.

1-0-1 in our last two could blow this whole thing. That's not impossible for even a terrible team.

Can't believe, as bad as the team has been, it has to come down to two games.

Really didn't expect for a team to clinch the presidents trophy before we'd clinched last place.

Bill Waters*

Jul 19, 2013
Orillia, Ontario
Sorry, I jinxed you guys. But you have to admit, these have been the most exciting tanking days in recent history. Good luck and God speed.

Last edited:

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Sounds like the coyotes played them a lot closer then I thought. And now with Vancouver having clinched, I'm a little bit more optimistic about Thursday

Snargitz

Nov 27, 2005
Brisbane
Confirmed. NHL is rigging the lottery for Toronto.

QuJmbWE.jpg

Edit: Well that's how it showed up just before. its corrected now ;)

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
The odds mean jack diddly right about now... we've been an awful team all year and have won 10 out 13 when we had no business to do so. The odds of us coming back against the Islanders in the 3rd period earlier in the year were awful. All it takes is a butt goal here... a puck over the glass there...a bad call here and a injured goalie there and we're fukced. **** happens.

Then you can be nervous. And I, and others like me, won't be. But part of the reason this thread has become so nauseating over the last few weeks is that the Chicken Littles shout down anyone who isn't freaking out like them.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Then you can be nervous. And I, and others like me, won't be. But part of the reason this thread has become so nauseating over the last few weeks is that the Chicken Littles shout down anyone who isn't freaking out like them.

I think the fact that this has come down to the last couple days of the season, where a couple stray bounces could change the result, has proved the "Chicken Littles" to be completely right and justified in their concern.

Whereas the confident crowd was proclaiming back in the fall that this was one of the worst teams of all time, cited Corsi and Fenwick, and confidently asserted that all the wins in November wouldn't matter and that the Sabres would be in last place by a huge margin by the end of the season. I think they have clearly been proven wrong.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sounds like the Blue Jackets are playing McElhinney in one of their back-to-back games this weekend, though it isn't official which one. On the one hand, they could play him against us and save Bobs for the game against the Isles which may or may not be--but probably won't be--to determine whether the Isles make the playoffs. Or they could play Bobs against us on their Fan Appreciation Night.

I think we'll see Bobs in their home finale, and they'll save McElhinney for what will likely be a glorified exhibition game on Saturday night.

Also, it sounds like if the Pens have clinched that we're getting Greiss.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I think the fact that this has come down to the last couple days of the season, where a couple stray bounces could change the result, has proved the "Chicken Littles" to be completely right and justified in their concern.

Whereas the confident crowd was proclaiming back in the fall that this was one of the worst teams of all time, cited Corsi and Fenwick, and confidently asserted that all the wins in November wouldn't matter and that the Sabres would be in last place by a huge margin by the end of the season. I think they have clearly been proven wrong.

Sounds about right.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

I said we'd finish double-digits behind Edmonton when we were 10 pts up on them. And I'm pretty close to being correct. Isn't being right on the Internet fun?

The Chicken Littles also said on about four different occasions that the Coyotes wouldn't win another game or earn another point. They have been proven wrong. Again and again.

Our odds are over 90%. We're playing a road game against a team that is 9-0-1 in their last 10. I'm perfectly justified in my confidence, and I won't let woe-is-me, this-is-Buffalo gloom and doom convince me otherwise.

At the end of the day, we'll finish 30th. Which is what I, and many others have said, for the last five months while people around us were losing their minds. I said let's count them up after 82 as person after person said we were better than Edmonton, Carolina, Arizona, etc.

And I'll be right. Meanwhile, you and others like you have said for weeks that we'll finish 29th. You will be proven wrong. Again.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
I'm not worried about clinching 30th at all... just like I wasn't worried when the President's Trophy Team of '06-'07 marched into the ECFs against the inferior Ottawa Senators ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad