Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVIII: Final Stretch?!?! (Arizona @ Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Really hope Oilers beat Kings so that Canucks clinch. Both Canucks and Ducks will likely bench players against Arizona in both games giving them an increased chance to grab some points.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Won't Pitts have playoffs locked up if they beat the Isles at home on Thurs?
Depends what Ottawa does. The most Ottawa can do is get to 99 points. At the very least we will know if Pittsburgh's game is a must win before the Columbus game is even played.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
The Isles meltdown is just as bad if not worse. I take Pitts at home against Isles every time with playoffs on the line.

Pittsburghs been brutal. They can only beat basement dwellers right now. They just blew a 3 goal first period lead vs the Sens. Excting game though.

ZeroPT*

When your GM trades a 2nd for Winnik and then Despres for Lovejoy

#justrutherfordthings

Edmonton is going to lose but having them win and the nucks just chillim v Zona might work

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't know who we're rooting for in NYI v. Penguins.

Penguins win, and there's a chance they have playoffs locked up before they play us.
Penguins lose, and there's a chance they're eliminated before they play us.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I don't know who we're rooting for in NYI v. Penguins.

Penguins win, and there's a chance they have playoffs locked up before they play us.
Penguins lose, and there's a chance they're eliminated before they play us.

Root for a Penguins win.

They're still in contention for Home Ice....or at least to avoid having to play TB or MTL. They'll have something to play for on Saturday, pretty much guaranteed.

Bps21*

I find it funny people keep talking about the Penguins like they aren't actually the team that's been complete utter **** for a month now. I know they have famous guys and they've won before. But they are bad. I'm pretty sure Only one team is scoring less than them since the deadline...and its Arizona...who happens to be the only team they've beaten in regulation since mid March.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I find it funny people keep talking about the Penguins like they aren't actually the team that's been complete utter **** for a month now. I know they have famous guys and they've won before. But they are bad. I'm pretty sure Only one team is scoring less than them since the deadline...and its Arizona...who happens to be the only team they've beaten in regulation since mid March.

I would really like the Sabres chance of losing with Crosby and Malkin going full tilt to get into the playoffs. I would consider that a virtual lock of a loss.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

They actually have been as worse as the Coyotes for the past couple weeks.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Oil with an EN, that seals it. Nucks are in, next game for them far far less critical now.

Kopitar goes 1/2 sjci

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
I would really like the Sabres chance of losing with Crosby and Malkin going full tilt to get into the playoffs. I would consider that a virtual lock of a loss.

Never underestimate Ted Nolan's compete level... :laugh:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Damn, really would've loved an Arizona point. I'm envisioning a doomsday scenario where we win against CBJ, and then can't get a point versus Pittsburgh. But all Pittsburgh needs is 1 point to make the playoffs. So the entire 3rd period is just everyone staring at each other as the clock ticks down. Makes me want to cry

Bps21*

It's not like goalies have very good or very bad days in such a small schedule.

Let's keep not worrying at lost chances.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I really don't think Arizona will make this easy on us by pulling the upset against Vancouver....I think it will come down to the Columbus game on Friday. If we go into Saturday tied...it will be the most nerve racking day in Sabre history.

theformat04

Mar 26, 2015
If it comes down to the Pens game, this is what we're dealing with:

Pens went 3-0 against us last year. Averaged 4 goals per game while we averaged .7

This season they've beaten us 5-0, and 6-1.

Crosby averages nearly 2 points per game against us.

ZeroPT*

If it comes down to the Pens game, this is what we're dealing with:

Pens went 3-0 against us last year. Averaged 4 goals per game while we averaged .7

This season they've beaten us 5-0, and 6-1.

Crosby averages nearly 2 points per game against us.

They're without Letang and have played like dog turd for the better part of a month now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad