Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVIII: Final Stretch?!?! (Arizona @ Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I'm not panicked yet. At least the Sabres' play returned to normal against Carolina, horrible possession and shot numbers. They were lucky to win. Odds are very low they beat Columbus and Pittsburgh if they keep that up.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Can't Murray just have some kind of talk with Nolan, "listen Teddy, I want you to have a chance to work with a generational talent. McEichel and you stay another year. If not, well...you know the drill. Now go and think about that." Then offer Lindback a contract in case we get McEichel. Can't be that hard, can it?

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
the last time the sabres got completely destroyed was march 7th vs washington. i feel like they're due for a laffer

there's just been way too many games going down to the last ten/five/two minutes. i'm still extremely confident they finish 30th, but a merciful ending where there's no chance at victory going into the last frame would be wonderful

Bps21*

I bet alot of kings fans talked about the edmonton game today the way many are treating the pittsburgh game. With the difference being the Penguins are playing so much worse. ...than either team actually.

ZeroPT*

Someone please tell me that's it going to be fine. I'm not brimming with confidence at the moment.

It'll be fine. We play awful hockey. Teams that try and actually play (Carolina for example) can't because all these scrubs know how to do is block shots and whack people. Columbus is a much more energy/Forechecking team. They can work around our incompetence.

IF by some unlikely chancr that it comes down to Pittsburgh, I don't know. They suck. Their transition is nonexistent and like 70% of their forwards are useless. I'd be nervous as hell.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The only thing that would scare me about Pittsburgh is that they are a 1/2 line team right now. You just have to worry about shutting down Crosby for 20 minutes and you win. Luckily Buffalo has had a terrible time doing that no matter the team.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
To me, what Arizona does at this point is meaningless. Buffalo isn't beating both Columbus and Pittsburgh, so Arizona can do whatever they want.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think the people trying to convince others that have doubts that there is absolutely nothing to worry about are actually trying to convince themselves.

All the Columbus is hot ..they'll be playing for their fans on appreciation night... Pitt is going to be fighting for their lives.... Yadda Yadda Yadda ...

It all means nothing.... there's 2 games left. If you're not worried now you're just fooling yourself or don't give two ***** about McEichel.

We can easily lose these two games...or win one and lose one .. Or we could win both. 82 game season and it comes down to these final two games... That's ****ed up and cause for concern.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think the people trying to convince others that have doubts that there is absolutely nothing to worry about are actually trying to convince themselves.

All the Columbus is hot ..they'll be playing for their fans on appreciation night... Pitt is going to be fighting for their lives.... Yadda Yadda Yadda ...

It all means nothing.... there's 2 games left. If you're not worried now you're just fooling yourself or don't give two ***** about McEichel.

We can easily lose these two games...or win one and lose one .. Or we could win both. 82 game season and it comes down to these final two games... That's ****ed up and cause for concern.

Or we just realize this team is complete garbage and the odds of them winning three in a row to close out the year are awful.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
The Columbus game has hardly been mentioned tonight...most of the posts have been about the Pittsburgh game. Hopefully it wont matter how Pittsburgh has been playing or if the game is or isn't essential to them. I cant guarantee it but I have a feeling this is going to be a jubilant Friday night in here. We just have to keep the internet champagne on ice for a few more days.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The Columbus game has hardly been mentioned tonight...most of the posts have been about the Pittsburgh game. Hopefully it wont matter how Pittsburgh has been playing or if the game is or isn't essential to them. I cant guarantee it but I have a feeling this is going to be a jubilant Friday night in here. We just have to keep the internet champagne on ice for a few more days.

This is what we need as a fanbase even more than McEichel...we need to be able to cheer for victory again. We need something to celebrate after two years of this.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
this team lost to arizona

the wins that give us pause came against three of the bottom 5 teams in the league

they're fine

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Or we just realize this team is complete garbage and the odds of them winning three in a row to close out the year are awful.

The odds mean jack diddly right about now... we've been an awful team all year and have won 10 out 13 when we had no business to do so. The odds of us coming back against the Islanders in the 3rd period earlier in the year were awful. All it takes is a butt goal here... a puck over the glass there...a bad call here and a injured goalie there and we're fukced. **** happens.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
honestly...can anyone see us possibly beating Pittsburgh if the Pens are fighting for their playoff lives ?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
honestly...can anyone see us possibly beating Pittsburgh if the Pens are fighting for their playoff lives ?

It would be so much better if that one game wasn't absolutely everything. All I know is I'm a huge Blue Jackets fan on Friday...would be even nicer if that game doesn't matter by then. Hoping for a huge demoralizing loss by the Canucks on Thursday.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Pens have been fighting for their playoff lives for a while now and have been horrible.

Can anyone envision MAF choking in an important game?

Bps21*

Again...I think people just don't understand that the Pittsburgh in their heads is not the one that's been on the ice since the deadline.

Bps21*

And anyone talking about odds with this few games left is way off the mark.

Maybe we lose to this Columbus team 8 out of 10 times. But we don't play them 10 times. We play them once. Same with a Pittsburgh team who hasn't beaten anyone lately.

People can keep pretending it's all over all they want to. The earliest can end is the third last day of the season...if Arizona pulls an upset. Other than that we are down to the last weekend. Yeah...no worries guys...I told you we had it all along.

We don't have **** until we have ****.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Some fans are a nervous wreck. Some fans are even tempered and are not. :dunno:

Whichever you are ... We all want McEichel. No need to accuse or assume fans don't care because they don't act the way you act or type what you type.

These next few days will be very entertaining regardless.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Some fans are a nervous wreck. Some fans are even tempered and are not. :dunno:

Whichever you are ... We all want McEichel. No need to accuse or assume fans don't care because they don't act the way you act or type what you type.

These next few days will be very entertaining regardless.

You don't have to be a nervous wreck to be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad