Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVIII: Final Stretch?!?! (Arizona @ Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Last night was an absolutely perfect night for the tank, can we close this out tomorrow? Let's hope so!!!

Updated Standings:

IdLvR3Q.png

Magic Number:

jNzNgp4.png

Remaining Schedule:

Sabres Schedule:

Mon Apr 6, 2015 Hurricanes @ Sabres
Fri Apr 10, 2015 Sabres @ Blue Jackets
Sat Apr 11, 2015 Penguins @ Sabres

Arizonas Schedule:

Tue Apr 7, 2015 Coyotes @ Flames
Thu Apr 9, 2015 Coyotes @ Canucks
Sat Apr 11, 2015 Ducks @ Coyotes

So close to the prize at the end of a long grueling 2+ years!!!

pO40wTA.jpg

aRMvfJ9.jpg

zIrWe1a.jpg

Karate Johnson*

McDavid reminds me of Peter Dinkledges healthy twin.

fing0rz

Nov 29, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.justin.tv
Its amazing the range of emotions I have went through since 1:48 left in the Chicago game.

Who knows how sabres would have played against the islanders if they won that game. We could be looking at a tie still.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Its amazing the range of emotions I have went through since 1:48 left in the Chicago game.

Who knows how sabres would have played against the islanders if they won that game. We could be looking at a tie still.

The Dallas and Chicago game...Miracles I tell ya....It was Destiny!! :laugh:

Karate Johnson*

I, for one, will be starting several anti tanking threads every season going forward chastising the last place team for thier disgusting behavior.

Anyone else interested?

Tanking needs to be done away with and anyone with an idea how should start a thread about it.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I can't believe so many people still think this isn't over. This is a LOSING competition, not winning. We got this.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If we beat the canes monday, its going to go back to stressful :cry:

I think Arizona has a good shot at points over the next three. Calgary and Vancouver on the road, where they play better. Anaheim might have the west and home ice in the playoffs locked up by the last game, so it might be meaningless for them.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I, for one, will be starting several anti tanking threads every season going forward chastising the last place team for thier disgusting behavior.

Anyone else interested?

Tanking needs to be done away with and anyone with an idea how should start a thread about it.

I'd rather take the high road, but that's just me

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I think Arizona has a good shot at points over the next three. Calgary and Vancouver on the road, where they play better. Anaheim might have the west and home ice in the playoffs locked up by the last game, so it might be meaningless for them.

I don't even want to think about that game mattering :amazed:

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011

Anyone else interested?

I'd rather avoid hypocrisy

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It's been a great weekend. One regulation loss away. Can't wait.

Just end it against Carolina. Put this dying dog down. In fact, have it over by the second intermission so there's no reason for the fans to be cheering "for the opposition." Then when the game ends the fans can erupt in applause and curtain calls for the team, as the tank will be over.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I can't believe so many people still think this isn't over. This is a LOSING competition, not winning. We got this.

The real question is, what happens next year when Buffalo is still lounging near the bottom of the standings and all vague and fuzzy playoff hopes are thoroughly dashed? Shall we as a fan base tolerate tankthought which is bound to arise under the mantra of "just one more top 5 pick and then we're solid!"?

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Question, will there be a center ice salute to the fans after the Penguins game?

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
The real question is, what happens next year when Buffalo is still lounging near the bottom of the standings and all vague and fuzzy playoff hopes are thoroughly dashed? Shall we as a fan base tolerate tankthought which is bound to arise under the mantra of "just one more top 5 pick and then we're solid!"?

I'll be rooting for wins from start to finish, even if it depends on us drafting 7th instead of 6th

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

No, because of the lottery odds next year, we have a greater chance of picking top three even if we're not right at the bottom.

I don't expect us to be a playoff team next year, but I'm rooting for wins start to finish. And if we get lucky in the new multi-pick lottery, that would be gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad