Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVII: The Tank Must Go On (San Jose @ Arizona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Buffalo should lose to Columbus. I am putting all my VCash on it.(Buffalo to win)

I don't want to win the next two because the penguins game could be meaningless for Pit...can it?

EDIT: Nope Pit is fighting for home ice. Actually, they could be fighting for a playoff spot too.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
The stubborn irrational fear brought on by BBFS still remains strong in some. After the Sabres wrap up 30th, next will be the conspiratorial NHL fix of the draft lottery in favor of the Laffs. :help:

Clock

May 13, 2006
Just lose to Pittsburgh so we can be done with all of this... can't wait.

The stubborn irrational fear brought on by BBFS still remains strong in some. After the Sabres wrap up 30th, next will be the conspiratorial NHL fix of the draft lottery in favor of the Laffs. :help:

NEXT? I've just assumed Toronto's going to win the lottery since February.

Hoping Arizona wins, though. Obviously assuming we don't.

Petes999

Mar 4, 2015
It will be a long week on the board as I don't think this will be wrapped up until Thursday or Friday.

I see a win at home against Carolina as everyone has been expecting and then a loss in Columbus on Friday before we can wrap this up.

Arizona will lose against Calgary on Tuesday, a team who is fighting for a playoff seed. Vancouver may be vulnerable on Thursday. Yet, if Arizona wins, it shows how much their players were trying to tank but now are allowed to finish strong.

The headline though will be of Buffalo fans cheering Carolina again. Not, about the tank job of Smith and entire Toronto team.

We got this. No need to worry about a 3-0 finish -- with Arizona going 0-3. Anaheim has nothing to play for come Sat. and Columbus is on a 9 game winning streak. There is a reason we finish last the past two seasons, we suck. Arizona and Toronto couldn't even finish last when they were trying.

We made it close just because of goalies playing out of their minds. If you looked back at the trade deadline and saw that we got rid of 2 of our better forwards (Stewart/Stafford), 2 of our goalies and had an injury to Gorges along with other injuries to Girgs and and then both Ennis/Moulson missing games, it shouldn't have come down to this last week.

So let's relax and see what our youngsters can do. Heck even Markarov had a decent game last night - not bad for our 6th string goalie. Kept us in the game until 1/2 way through the third.

It will be a longer wait to the lottery in 13 days. Where is the count down? Don't worry about the Jinx....You can't jinx a terrible team....

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It would be nice if we could lose to Carolina so we can start being normal fans again ASAP. I hope the players get a real nice ovation from the fans against Pittsburgh on fan appreciation night.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
It would be nice if we could lose to Carolina so we can start being normal fans again ASAP. I hope the players get a real nice ovation from the fans against Pittsburgh on fan appreciation night.

Yep. Hopefully we get this tanking stuff over ASAP so we can root for our team again like normal fans. I don't really wanna go into the Pitt game having to hope for a loss. I want to send them off with a win and be happy that they did so.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY

Something we can all agree on.

How long have we have to deal with the team being "soft", not giving complete or near complete efforts?

Now they are not soft and they are giving much more complete efforts... but they don't have the talent.

It would be nice to see an even slightly energized building again.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

Then after we win the lottery it will be Eichel better than McDavid. We got the wrong guy.

Honestly I do have that fear already. Forcing Eichel to us is much easier to handle.

Karate Johnson*

I'm so happy this morning.

I want to watch McDavid/Eichel highlights.... But i'm scared.

But could someone link me the best HD highlights. Preferably to some Nü Metal music, or possibly Eminem. Or maybe that Fall Out Boy song.

But yeah, I want to have some Easter beers and watch HD McEichel highlights.

Put some links in my Easter Basket por favor...

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport

I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't want to be these guys....

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Something we can all agree on.

How long have we have to deal with the team being "soft", not giving complete or near complete efforts?

Now they are not soft and they are giving much more complete efforts... but they don't have the talent.

It would be nice to see an even slightly energized building again.

Even though the Chicago game scared the crap out of me it was great watching Bogo, Risto and company beating the snot out of the Hawks. We looked like the "Western Conference" team, not them. If we can get 2 real centers going the offense should start being a real threat.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I just don't see us beating Carolina. I think we lose by one goal, or maybe two, one being an empty netter. Tank over. Rejoice. Order jerseys.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I just don't see us beating Carolina. I think we lose by one goal, or maybe two, one being an empty netter. Tank over. Rejoice. Order jerseys.

Unfortunately I see atleast a point. Columbus I see a loss.
But maybe Arizona can give more help.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

It's not irrational fear. It's watching this happen before.

- 12-3 before the Giants drove for a late halftime TD. Right after Bruce Smith almost had a strip sack for a TD. Then Wide Right.

- 13-6 at halftime over Dallas.

- 4-0 over Boston, then losing LaFontaine and Mogilny to injury against Montreal.... 4-3 games against the Cup champions.

- Music City (non-) Miracle.

- No goal after Patrick hit the crossbar.

- Losing to the Steeler back-ups.

- Game 7 vs. Carolina.

- Second FG against Dallas.

- McKelvin's kick-off return fumbles.

- Being up against the Pats only to lose, more times that I can count.

You and bunch of others can talk sh$t and make fun of folks like me, calling it superstition. It's not superstition. It's history. I'll be happy and post about McEichel once it's actually over.

Nothing is over!

1396691188261.jpg

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

- 12-3 before the Giants drove for a late halftime TD. Right after Bruce Smith almost had a strip sack for a TD. Then Wide Right.

- 4-0 over Boston, then losing LaFontaine and Mogilny to injury against Montreal.... 4-3 games against the Cup champions.

- Game 7 vs. Carolina.

You and bunch of others can talk sh$t and make fun of folks like me, calling it superstition. It's not superstition. It's history. I'll be happy and post about McEichel once it's actually over.

It's not over yet.

None of these individual events are connected in any way. Pure lunacy and irrational fear.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
None of these individual events are connected in any way. Pure lunacy and irrational fear.

Your point of view is way off. It's not superstition. It's not fear. It's conditioning. It's history. They are related in that fans talked sh$t, only to lose in the end.

I'm not superstitious (Evangelical Christian - so I don't believe in it). I do not think that talking about getting McEichel affects anything. I do not believe in jinxes. And I'm not afraid - PM me and I'll tell you what I do.

Were you around for all these events? I was. From past experience, I've been around more multiple events where Buffalo was a sure winner, or going to win, and didn't. So I don't talk until it's over.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

- Game 7 vs. Carolina.

Nothing is over!

1396691188261.jpg
Adelphia Tower, Bass Pro...

But all changed when Pegula arrived. Stuff got done.

Now that I think about it, thank goodness Bass Pro never became real.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Your point of view is way off. It's not superstition. It's not fear. It's conditioning. It's history. They are related in that fans talked sh$t, only to lose in the end.

I'm not superstitious (Evangelical Christian - so I don't believe in it). I do not think that talking about getting McEichel affects anything. I do not believe in jinxes. And I'm not afraid - PM me and I'll tell you what I do.

Were you around for all these events? I was. From past experience, I've been around more multiple events where Buffalo was a sure winner, or going to win, and didn't. So I don't talk until it's over.

Bingo.

I've seen the Bills/Sabres stumble on the precipice and fall like Wily E. Coyote WAYYYYYY too often.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

I was around for every single one of those events and my Buffalo sports history goes back beyond that. Should we connect the Buffalo Braves leaving, the Ronnie Harmon drop, or the Ron Smith Playoff TD for the Chargers? Please stop with the Buffalo Sports History calamities having anything to do with winning or losing the McEichel chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad