Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVII: The Tank Must Go On (San Jose @ Arizona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Ristolainen had some harsh words about losing on purpose to a Finnish tv-channel.

http://www.mtv.fi/sport/jaakiekko/n...lle-nhl-vaitteelle-ihan-taytta-paskaa/4961438

- The last home game against Arizona was interesting (Ristolainen says while shaking his head).

- Our own fans were happy that we lost. They want that 1st overall so badly, but we as players don't think about that stuff in the room. We're only there to win.

- (about losing on purpose) I think that accusation is complete BS.

- I wouldn't be playing here if we were losing on purpose. Everything that I do here is aimed towards winning, that's why we're doing this thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Will the same posters that jumped all over Weber do the same with Risto?

I'm wondering what Weber said? I missed the post game interviews after the loss to AZ. I didn't find anything Risto said offensive.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Ristolainen had some harsh words about losing on purpose to a Finnish tv-channel.

http://www.mtv.fi/sport/jaakiekko/n...lle-nhl-vaitteelle-ihan-taytta-paskaa/4961438

Exactly what you'd expect and hope he'd say. Really don't get the rage being lobbed at the players right now. They play the game in real life, not NHL 15. It's their jobs, their aching muscles and broken bones and sweat on every shift. You play the game to win and they do exactly that, and they should be disgusted with their fans at this point.

And it doesn't make the fans wrong. I've wanted this tank for two years. But you tank from the front office, not the bench. If it fails, don't blame the players for trying their best. Blame the front office.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Risto was more mad at the accusations that the players were tanking, which they aren't. I don't expect players to get behind the tank, it's the fans' baby.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
All he said it that it was "interesting" and shook his head. Very mild in comparison.

I figured it would be rationalizing that Weber was "worse". When in fact neither said anything wrong. If anything posters should have felt for Weber. Instead it's been quite the hate fest.

(Following not directed at you)
Its embarssing to read some of the stuff in the tank thread lately. Some folks have lost their minds over this. Way too many angry venom filled rants. Now the players are the target and the hate is just incredible.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013

Risto doesn't attack on fans at all. Actually, he is pretty understanding. He says that "the fans cheer for our losses, because they want that number one pick so badly, but we (the players) don't think that at all in the lockerroom" He also said that the last (home) game against Arizona "was interesting".

He says that it is bull ****, that they're losing on purpose.

So his comments are not at all similar with Weber, almost the opposite.

About McDavid and Eichel he says "Both are good players. We're most likely picking at the top, so we probably get a good player. But we'll see."

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Risto doesn't attack on fans at all. Actually, he is pretty understanding. He says that "the fans cheer for our losses, because they want that number one pick so badly, but we (the players) don't think that at all in the lockerroom" He also said that the last (home) game against Arizona "was interesting".

He says that it is bull ****, that they're losing on purpose.

So his comments are not at all similar with Weber, almost the opposite.

About McDavid and Eichel he says "Both are good players. We're most likely picking at the top, so we probably get a good player. But we'll see."

Weber didn't attack the fans. He went after the situation. But I'm not going to bother trying to argue it with you. My head still hurts from the Grigs discussion

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Talk about inciting a riot :shakehead

"This is two years in a row now. Physically, mentally, this is...this sucks. To compound things, you have your home fans cheering against you, kinda. Again, I've never been a part of that, obviously, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess, but this is a whole new low right now."

Is far worse than

"Disappointing" or "interesting" and a head shake

When your definition of a "whole new low" after this kind of season is a few satirical boos, you're going to get a bit of flak

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Weber didn't attack the fans. He went after the situation. But I'm not going to bother trying to argue it with you. My head still hurts from the Grigs discussion

It was so absolutely a fan attack. Because he didn't state "the fans suck" you're going to toe that kind of line?

He deserved a bit of steam. That's it.

ZeroPT*

I figured it would be rationalizing that Weber was "worse". When in fact neither said anything wrong. If anything posters should have felt for Weber. Instead it's been quite the hate fest.

(Following not directed at you)
Its embarssing to read some of the stuff in the tank thread lately. Some folks have lost their minds over this. Way too many angry venom filled rants. Now the players are the target and the hate is just incredible.

The players are a target because they're acting like absolute idiots. I never once threw a tantrum about "failure of the franchise!" or in relation to McEichel. But what the players are doing right now is downright pathetic. Not only is it insulting to the fans but it's also embarassing to the city and organization. Oh and this is coming from someone who absolutely cringes whenever someone talks about "morals, values and ethics" in sports.

We have supported everything that has happened over the last 24 months. We have patiently endured. We gave the players a great crowd, game in and game out. We gave them everything a hockey player would want from fans. And they got annoyed at fans cheering for a high pick in the late part of a ****** season? not only that but Kaleta wearing a playoffs jersey during the media interviews. Playing "started from the bottom" in the dressing room.

This is stuff a teenager would do. They're acting so insanely immature. And it's mostly the scrubs like Kaleta and Ellis. I'm personally extremely offended by the players attitude. Especially Kaleta. We supported him throughout his shenanigans. We gave him an opportunity to play. The club gave him first class medical help and helped him through an extremely difficult time in his life. He's spitting in our faces. The fact that anyone could defend him is pissing me off.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
The players are a target because they're acting like absolute idiots. I never once threw a tantrum about "failure of the franchise!" or in relation to McEichel. But what the players are doing right now is downright pathetic. Not only is it insulting to the fans but it's also embarassing to the city and organization. Oh and this is coming from someone who absolutely cringes whenever someone talks about "morals, values and ethics" in sports.

We have supported everything that has happened over the last 24 months. We have patiently endured. We gave the players a great crowd, game in and game out. We gave them everything a hockey player would want from fans. And they got annoyed at fans cheering for a high pick in the late part of a ****** season? not only that but Kaleta wearing a playoffs jersey during the media interviews. Playing "started from the bottom" in the dressing room.

This is stuff a teenager would do. They're acting so insanely immature. And it's mostly the scrubs like Kaleta and Ellis. I'm personally extremely offended by the players attitude. Especially Kaleta. We supported him throughout his shenanigans. We gave him an opportunity to play. The club gave him first class medical help and helped him through an extremely difficult time in his life. He's spitting in our faces. The fact that anyone could defend him is pissing me off.

What in the world are you even talking about? you're the one acting immature, they are having fun winning a couple hockey games.

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
What in the world are you even talking about? you're the one acting immature, they are having fun winning a couple hockey games.
Did you miss the past few days where players said it's now their goal to pass Arizona in the standings? Playing 'Started from the bottom' during interviews after their last two wins. Players hollering so loud in the background during interviews that they had to be paused. They know what they are doing. It's as cringe worthy as the idiots cheering at the Arizona game. It apparently took 64 games for the players to finally have something to play for.

Last edited:

ZeroPT*

Read what Mosaku said. What they're doing is ****ing pathetic. And if you're going to call it "having fun winning hockey games" then you're being purposely obtuse.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I don't have a huge problem with it but they weren't exactly hooting and hollering about their wins before the Arizona games. In fact they looked depressed after most games win or lose. They know what they are doing.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Read what Mosaku said. What they're doing is ****ing pathetic. And if you're going to call it "having fun winning hockey games" then you're being purposely obtuse.

Would you rather them tank the season like the Leafs? It's pretty remarkable how such a bad team can be such a tight group, and not be a toxic environment. I hate when they win, but good for the players to have fun with it. I guess it rubs you the wrong way, some of the players quotes like Nic Deslauriers quote after the Arizona game were pretty funny.

The ******** goals we score every game bugs me far more then the players having some fun.

ZeroPT*

Would you rather them tank the season like the Leafs? It's pretty remarkable how such a bad team can be such a tight group, and not be a toxic environment. I hate when they win, but good for the players to have fun with it. I guess it rubs you the wrong way, some of the players quotes like Nic Deslauriers quote after the Arizona game were pretty funny.

The ******** goals we score every game bugs me far more then the players having some fun.
I'd rather they not act the way they have been since the Arizona game.

I'd rather they act like regular professionals and not 12 year olds. Maybe that's just me. They don't have to be *******s and they don't have to be the leafs. They can win games. Try their hardest, I don't care. But as Mosaku said, what they're doing is obvious and more importantly, obnoxious as hell

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It was so absolutely a fan attack. Because he didn't state "the fans suck" you're going to toe that kind of line?

He deserved a bit of steam. That's it.

He deserved to let off little steam as well . No body should expect every player to react as if it wasn't a big deal for their own fans to cheer against them in their home building. Especially a player like Weber who gives his all every shift. I'm glad he took it personal, tbh .

This is dark time for our beloved franchise. Better days are ahead.

Oh, and to stay on topic...i <3 Risto.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He deserved to let off little steam as well . No body should expect every player to react as if it wasn't a big deal for their own fans to cheer against them in their home building. Especially a player like Weber who gives his all every shift. I'm glad he took it personal, tbh .

This is dark time for our beloved franchise. Better days are ahead.

Oh, and to stay on topic...i <3 Risto.

Last OT comment :)

Letting off steam is one thing. Making it a point to celebrate as outlined above, after such a **** season, is different. And./.Wrong.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013

It's semantics. The point is that Risto's comments and Weber's comments are totally different. And having the benefit of knowing both Finnish and English language, I also know the context of both of those comments.

Getting back to that Grigs discussion, can't just stand still if someone actually is so outdated about the situations of us and Wings. :)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
All he said it that it was "interesting" and shook his head. Very mild in comparison.
I think that "interesting" combined with the headshake was a sarcastic remark.

I tried to translate it as well as I could without altering the meaning of his words in the process, which a lot of non-natives don't think about, resorting to finding the "easiest" word that fits. I'd consider myself a good translator, since I had only 9's and 10's (4-10 scale, 4 = failure, 10 = basically A+) throughout the 9 years that I had English.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVII: Tank You Toews!

iVLf1w1.png

Sabres Schedule:

Sat Apr 4, 2015 Sabres @Islanders
Mon Apr 6, 2015 Hurricanes @ Sabres
Fri Apr 10, 2015 Sabres @ Blue Jackets
Sat Apr 11, 2015 Penguins @ Sabres

Arizonas Schedule:

Fri Apr 3, 2015 Coyotes @ Sharks
Sat Apr 4, 2015 Sharks @ Coyotes
Tue Apr 7, 2015 Coyotes @ Flames
Thu Apr 9, 2015 Coyotes @ Canucks
Sat Apr 11, 2015 Ducks @ Coyotes