Post-Game Talk: Tank thread: All over

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
TLDR version: The good news is we don't move from 9 to 10 as we tie Chicago but they have the tie breaker.

good news

Arizona and Florida - 84 points and the tie breaker, officially uncatchable

OK news

Minny just need 1 point to make them uncatchable.
Philly has a 2 point lead and the tie breaker. Any Philly win or Canucks reg loss and they are uncatchable. ~10%

Chicago - tied- but they have 3 games and the tie breaker no matter what happens. (blues stars preds). Mostly likely to switch with the canucks but only ~20% chance.

bad news

Edmonton 3 back, canucks need to lose both and Edmonton to get 3 points to tie and beat us on tie breaker. ~15%
Anaheim 4 back, need to win both and Canucks lose both.

NYR need to win 3 straight and canucks to lose both games as Canucks have the tie breaker.

======================================================

At this point 9 is looking the most likely. 10 is 2nd most likely. 8th is 3rd. in a very distant 4th and 5th 11th then 7th. The others are relatively unlikely

Last edited:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
The good news is we don't move from 9 to 10 as we tie Chicago but they have the tie breaker.

good news

Atizona and Florida - 84 points and the tie breaker, officially uncatchable

OK news

Minny just need 1 point to make them uncatchable.
Philly has a 2 point lead, the tie breaker.

Chicago - tied- but they have 3 games and the tie breaker no matter what happens.

bad news

Anaheim 4 back, need to win both and Canucks lose both.
Edmonton 3 back, canucks to lose both and Edmonton to get 3 points to tie and beat us on tie breaker.

NYR need to win 3 straight and canucks to lose both games as Canucks have the tie breaker.

======================================================

At this point 9 is looking the most likely. 10 is 2nd most likely. 8th is 3rd. in a very distant 4th and 5th 11th then 7th. The others are relatively unlikely
I appreciate you making yourself more depressed by doing this.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Said it before. I'll say it again.

I want to f***ing die. We're going to end up in the 13th slot. f*** everything.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
This team is going to be Carolina of the past decade. Picking 10th to 15th for god knows how long.

I don't know how anyone can cheer knowing how many pieces this team is missing.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Keep winning games boys, show them how winning you are with your winning ways.
giphy.gif

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Probably picking 9th or 10th but to be honest the pick is secondary. These wins just aren't helping the bigger problem being ridding ourselves of the mgmt team. This is such a crucial off season and these guys are the last people I want guiding us through that.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I still think they throw everything and the kitchen sink at whoever has the first pick for Hughes.

Benning is desperate to save his job and Aquilini will want the marketing buzz.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I still think they throw everything and the kitchen sink at whoever has the first pick for Hughes.

Benning is desperate to save his job and Aquilini will want the marketing buzz.
I'll be pissed. If the strategy is to get Hughes this team should've moved out Markstrom and could get in the way of the tank. If you want Hughes you should've shown some foresight and moved out vets/stacked up on picks/young assets between last summer and the deadline.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I am on board with this, but we all know ownership is going to give him another year. I can't wait until he signs Myers and Ferlund to Eriksson type contracts
It's pretty funny how predictable benning is.

It's also sad because everyone can see that horrible Ferland contract coming and we can't do a damn thing about it.

Reactions: GoodBetterBoest

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'll be pissed. If the strategy is to get Hughes this team should've moved out Markstrom and could get in the way of the tank. If you want Hughes you should've shown some foresight and moved out vets/stacked up on picks/young assets between last summer and the deadline.

Right, but they didn’t do that and now they’ll lose at least one core piece if they decide to go that route.

It’ll take one of Horvat/Pettersson/Boeser, 1st 2019 and 1st 2020 to get Hughes. Possibly Demko as well.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Right, but they didn’t do that and now they’ll lose at least one core piece if they decide to go that route.

It’ll take one of Horvat/Pettersson/Boeser, 1st 2019 and 1st 2020 to get Hughes.
actually f*** it I wanna see it. Nothing would be funnier than watching Horvat or Boeser light it up somewhere else, for that 2020 1st to be Top 3 pick and Hughes to struggle due to needing another year of development.

I'd probably just laugh and jump out of an airplane without a parachute at the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad