Post-Game Talk: Tank thread: All over

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Everybody who’s a Vancouver Canucks fan knew that we were going to win out the rest of the season.

It’s the Vancouver Canucks way let’s be real lol

My wife and I were just cracking up at how much effort they give when the games don’t matter.

Funny stuff

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This is a massively unfortunate turn of events but really, we all saw this coming.

Green won’t let them quit on games and Markstrom was the difference between Byram and Soderstrom.

Other teams have figured it out. The Canucks are happy finishing 9th.

Reactions: PredsForPresidents

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Don’t care
There’s literally no point at putting hope in lottery
You can get a good player in any round if your scouts do their work

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It's like they purposefully avoid draft capital. Everything they do appears tailor-made to draft as low as possible and have as few draft picks as possible. And this is all happening when you haven't made the playoffs in basically half a decade.

Why would you do this?

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I’m out till April 9th. Makes me too mad the team I love has been reduced to this useless season where I get so mad when they win. See y’all for draft lotto day thread.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It's like they purposefully avoid draft capital. Everything they do appears tailor-made to draft as low as possible and have as few draft picks as possible. And this is all happening when you haven't made the playoffs in basically half a decade.

Why would you do this?
Because good players play for the W and bad players play for another contract?

Like, do you really don’t understand? Players don’t give two f*** about the draft

Reactions: PuckFather

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

Like, do you really don’t understand? Players don’t give two **** about the draft

Yea, they only give a shit when the games don’t matter. f***ing perfect.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Like, do you really don’t understand? Players don’t give two **** about the draft

Haha calm down.

That's why you have managers, coaches and owners. The long term direction of an organization has to transcend players.

Players know nothing about business, strategy, or really anything off the ice.

You've lost the plot.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Nice win, bet it feels REAL good to be one of the worst teams in the last five years AND winning these meaningless games to keep themselves out of the reach of good draft picks.

Hey I think Benning's irrational fear of high draft picks is spreading to the entire team? Should we call BC center of infectious disease about this or what?

Reactions: vanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad