Post-Game Talk: Tank thread: All over

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Well all those meaningless victories really cost the Canucks. 10th overall pick :laugh:

If 2 of our wins were losses instead we'd have had NYR's lottery numbers and would have jumped to 2nd. But hey, we got those extra wins, woohoo. Hell, that OTL bumped the team from 9th to 10th. Yay?

Part of me is happy we didn't move up though. I'm glad we won't be getting a player who will come in and save Benning's job. One more year of dealing with dumb and dumber in the front office before they'll be punted to the moon.

The Tank for Lafreniere campaign starts now!
You recently claimed it was likely that if the Canucks didn't win the lottery they'd trade Bo Horvat, two 1st round picks and a couple of 2nd round picks to move up and draft Hughes. I take it you've abandoned that?

Reactions: PuckFather

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You recently claimed it was likely that if the Canucks didn't win the lottery they'd trade Bo Horvat, two 1st round picks and a couple of 2nd round picks to move up and draft Hughes. I take it you've abandoned that?

You sure like to make things up don't you? I never once said it was likely. I said I could see them offering that, and I also claimed that's what it would likely take to move up from 10 to 1. I never said it was likely they would actually do that, but as per usual you like to twist things.

Reactions: pomorick and clunk

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
You sure like to make things up don't you? I never once said it was likely. I said I could see them offering that, and I also claimed that's what it would likely take to move up from 10 to 1. I never said it was likely they would actually do that, but as per usual you like to twist things.
I swear, all that poster does is try to 'gotcha' anti-Benning people. It's ridiculous. Just absolutely useless.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I swear, all that poster does is try to 'gotcha' anti-Benning people. It's ridiculous. Just absolutely useless.

It’s like a slightly smarter Benning-bot who realizes that the Ryan Miller*/RonningMorrisonBooth schtick is actually embarrassing to the organization so prefaces everything with ‘I’m not a Benning supporter’ and rather than arguing that obvious bad moves are bad, instead argues that they’re just less bad than they actually are.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I'd be happy to "gotcha" pro-Benning posters but they generally restrict themselves to vague, pie-in-the-sky statements rather than arguments perse. I suspect several of them are trolls who have found a very angry group of people to mess with for a while. On the other hand, many anti-Benning posters, the three of you most definitely included, have found a group of propositions that are about 95 percent defensible and will do any absurd mental gymnastics necessary to believe they're 100 percent defensible in all circumstances, without any nuance or ambiguity whatsoever. It's pathetic but fascinating. I'm trying to make you self-aware enough, even just for an instant, to understand what you're actually doing. This is incidental to the fact that I want Benning fired. Anyone with a sense of proportion can see that enough people have said that anyway.

PuckFather

Oct 14, 2014
Well all those meaningless victories really cost the Canucks. 10th overall pick :laugh:

If 2 of our wins were losses instead we'd have had NYR's lottery numbers and would have jumped to 2nd. But hey, we got those extra wins, woohoo. Hell, that OTL bumped the team from 9th to 10th. Yay?

Part of me is happy we didn't move up though. I'm glad we won't be getting a player who will come in and save Benning's job. One more year of dealing with dumb and dumber in the front office before they'll be punted to the moon.

The Tank for Lafreniere campaign starts now!
Or we could have won two more and taken Chicago's place? All teams that didn't win the lottery are going with ifs and ifs and ifs.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->