Tank Thread 2015/16 (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
OIL will finish last, lose the lottery thrice, pick Chych fourth, an he will promptly bust.

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If they know what's best for them, yes.

Moral victories is all they need at this point.

What's best for them is to play well and be pros.
Some of them likely won't be on our team next year.
Throwing games to get the Jets a better % shot at a higher pick is not in all of the players best interest.

Plus I personally don't want players on our team that don't try.
We have a weak enough squad to lose while were trying.
No need to throw games.

People think getting one high pick and adding it to a team that can't win games is going to miraculously turn things around next year? The coaches and players jobs are effected by this. I would rather have a team that keeps losing close games and winning maybe 1 in 4. Better chance of a substantial bounce back next year.

They HAVE to try... they will win some games... but they will lose more. I just focusing on hoping BUF, CBJ and the other teams play well enough to stay ahead of us.

I can't see how we can get behind Edm and Tor?
Unless the return of the Nuge and Klefbom can get the Oilers winning games. Toronto is the most stripped down team we've ever seen.
No getting past them unless we start sitting Buff, Myers, Trouba, Ehlers, Scheif, MP etc...
Even then Cormier and Halischuk would probably start scoring :sarcasm:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
No player will ever not try to win, but i imagine its tough to have that extra emotion in your game at this point during a demoralizing season.

I hate to see what their moral will be come September knowing Pavelec will be crowned the starter again.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Scoreboard watching will almost always end in disappointment. At the end of the season, the best we can do is improve our position to the point where we have a 1 in 5 chance to pick firstl

Yea at the end of the day there is the lottery pick % advantage which is minimal between 3rd and 5th or 6th but there is a seeding advantage once we get by the lottery picks which might come in handy but I am not going to lose sleep over it either.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nothing really worthwhile in this year's draft except Matthews. The rest are just a toss up.

Well not many 17 year olds shred it in the WJHC like the group did this year so I am not sure I am 100% agreeing with your police work on this one leafster7 :laugh::sarcasm:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
razorsedge;114558301 I hate to see what their morale * will be come September knowing Pavelec will be crowned the starter again.[/QUOTE said:
* HF morale fixed.
But best for continued tanking in 16/17

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
With Calgary's Loss last night the Jets and Flames have an identical record. Wins, Losses, OTL. ROW and even goal differential.

That's amazing as last year Calgary claimed they had the best D core in the league ...& that they weren't subject to the laws of Corsi
And they scooped Fro
What happened ?
Haha

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Hey guys... guess what? Edmonton won a game!

3 points behind us now.

Edmonton plays Buffalo next, pretty much a win-win there. Hope for a 3 point game with Edmonton winning.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Hey guys... guess what? Edmonton won a game!

3 points behind us now.

Edmonton plays Buffalo next, pretty much a win-win there. Hope for a 3 point game with Edmonton winning.

Edmonton are 3 points behind, and we have 3 games in hand. It'd take a pretty big turn-around for the Oilers to pass us in the standings.

I'm more focused on the teams ahead of us (Buffalo, Calgary, Columbus, Arizona, Vancouver), and hoping we can stay behind them. All those teams are in a pretty tight race for our bottom-3 spot.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Edmonton are 3 points behind, and we have 3 games in hand. It'd take a pretty big turn-around for the Oilers to pass us in the standings.

I'm more focused on the teams ahead of us (Buffalo, Calgary, Columbus, Arizona, Vancouver), and hoping we can stay behind them. All those teams are in a pretty tight race for our bottom-3 spot.

Yep. There are 8 pretty bad teams that will be in the hunt for the best draft lottery spots. You have to give the Leafs the driver's seat for the bottom, followed by Edmonton but after that it is wide open.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Burmistrov-Halischuk (Perreault)-Stafford
Dano-Lowry-Armia
Thorburn-Copp-Peluso

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Trouba-Myers
Chiarot-Postma

Those are the line combos today at practice. Perreault will slot in for Halischuk come gameday but that is still quite a bad lineup.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Looks the Leafs are now in the AHL, on IR or traded and the Marlies are the NHL team. They might actually be better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad