Tank Thread 2015/16 (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
#bebadforahighdraftpickbutofcoursenopromisesatlowestfourthoverallnotthatthosearealwaysguaranteesbutmaybeyou'llgetluckyonatoewsoraumthomashickey...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Any top 5 pick can be a good pick. There are some really good players that have been drafted 4th or 5th.

I know there is no guarantee because it's a lottery, but I want the best shot we can get at it.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Imagine if the Penguins only had a 20% chance of getting Super Mario back in the day.
The 2015 Draft Lottery is like playing pro line (suckers bet).
You have a better chance of falling 3 spots than moving up.

Although locking down 4th over all at worst could be considered the new strategy.

I don't think there's a fancy hash tag for that convoluted mess.

If you finish last you have a 47.5% chance of dropping 3 spots; every other standings position has even lower odds.

If you finish 2nd last, you have a 25.8% chance of dropping back 3 and a 13.5% chance of winning 1st OA. This is the only time dropping 3 spots is more likely than moving up.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
This season's tank needs a catchy tagline, along the lines of "fail for Nail" (the pick has, um, not exactly worked out, but the hashtag was genius).
I suggest #lostonforauston - not quite the same ring to it, but quite workable, I think.

Best I can come up with is Upchuck for Tkachuk.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
#hatetopostsomespoilersbutnobodyouttankstheoilers

or

#youcansuckrealbadandstopwinningprontobutyouwillneverbebadastoronto

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky

Paul Maurice says that Bryan Little is done for the reg season with a compression fracture of the T6 vertebrae. #NHLJets

Tank away boys...tank away. Pssst.. we are not really tanking. ;)

The Leafs match the Little injury with Lupul out for the year and raise with Van Riemsdyk out for the year...Chevy needs to re raise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad