Tank Thread 2015/16 (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I hope we don't pass the 70-point mark. Yes, it's a psychological barrier and abject failure, but it pretty much guarantees us a top-5 pick. Get the losing out of the way now and come back mad next year....and with Matthews.

And Chicago, pls exit first round. A pick in the 16-22 range would be super.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I hope we don't pass the 70-point mark. Yes, it's a psychological barrier and abject failure, but it pretty much guarantees us a top-5 pick. Get the losing out of the way now and come back mad next year....and with Matthews.

Chicago would have to be pretty bad get into that range. They'd have to lose out to get near 16. I'd be happy if they are just kept from winning the central.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

I am hoping for the same. Going back a few years, other than the McDavid year, ending the season below 70 pts guarantees you a spot in the bottom 3

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

Teams that lose in first 2 rounds of playoffs are grouped together for draft order. So it doesn't matter if Chi loses 1st or 2nd round. What matters more right now is to hope they don't win division because division winners get later picks than the rest of the teams in their group for teams that don't make Stanley Cup finals. So, cheer for Dallas and St Louis in regular season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Chicago would have to be pretty bad get into that range. They'd have to lose out to get near 16. I'd be happy if they are just kept from winning the central.

I think that the best CHI pick we could hope for is #21 or #22. That would be if they don't win the Division and get knocked out before the Conference Finals (i.e. in round 1 or 2).

As I recall, this is the draft order for playoff teams.

30. SC champ
29. SC runner-up
28. Conf finalist 1
27. Conf finalist 2
26. Div winner 1
25. Div winner 2
24. Div winner 3
23. Div winner 4
22. Best of the rest...
21. Next best of the rest...

So, the best scenario is for the Hawks to get knocked out in round 1 or 2, in which case the Jets would pick between #21-25.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think that the best CHI pick we could hope for is #21 or #22. That would be if they don't win the Division and get knocked out before the Conference Finals (i.e. in round 1 or 2).

As I recall, this is the draft order for playoff teams.

30. SC champ
29. SC runner-up
28. Conf finalist 1
27. Conf finalist 2
26. Div winner 1
25. Div winner 2
24. Div winner 3
23. Div winner 4
22. Best of the rest...
21. Next best of the rest...

So, the best scenario is for the Hawks to get knocked out in round 1 or 2, in which case the Jets would pick between #21-25.

Unlikely that all 4 division winners are shut out of the final 4 though. More likely at least 2 or 3 makes it. The Hawks are currently 4th in winning pct so they would seed above most if not all other non division winners.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm more worried about the BJackets loss. Can't see the Leafs climbing out of the basement, but I don't want the Jackets and others sinking below the Jets.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Repeats are rare. Team of s tired as they played extra 20 games or so last year. I suspect first round knockout.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I'm more worried about the BJackets loss. Can't see the Leafs climbing out of the basement, but I don't want the Jackets and others sinking below the Jets.

Same here. Although Columbus does have a history of winning a bunch of meaningless games at the end of the season and dropping a couple of slots.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
spoiler alert! spoiler alert!
tank you veddy much, Maple Leafs. nice win vs the Wings. Jets still 4 points up on the Leafs.
it's a dog's (breakfast) fight to the end of the season. Jets still likely to pick anywhere from 2nd to 4th.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
I knew Calgary was having a rough season, but I was surprised to see them pass us. The oilers pick should just be vetoed already. That **** is so unfair

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
There is a 3-way tie for 2nd last :amazed:

We could seriously be in one of the last 3 spots come lottery day! This is great news as a Jets fan and a first!

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Hope for these results tonight...

Kings beat Hawks in regulation time
Calgary beats St Louis in OT
Oilers beat Preds in regulation or OT...preferably not shootout for ROW
Canucks beat Jets in regulation time

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

We could seriously be in one of the last 3 spots come lottery day! This is great news as a Jets fan and a first!

No way. You are going to see them fold under the pressure of the race to the bottom, and they will go on a win streak. No matter how much we try by keeping talentless players and hiring bad coaches, there just isn't enough of a culture of losing here to be successful.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

I don't care where the Oilers finish, we all know they are going to win the lottery.

Ideally we just need the balls to give us at least the 2nd or 3rd pick. A pick that could really benefit the team.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
No way. You are going to see them fold under the pressure of the race to the bottom, and they will go on a win streak. No matter how much we try by keeping talentless players and hiring bad coaches, there just isn't enough of a culture of losing here to be successful.

Great post. Gave me a food chuckle.

I accept losses knowing that a higher draft could give UA a game breaker, but I've been happy with all their picks up to this point, so I'm OK with whever we pick.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
The only remaining games I hope we win is against Chicago. Well maybe one or two more against teams I really don't like.

We got two more against them. Hope we beat them just to add to the possibility that we can get a better draft pick from the Ladd trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad