Proposal: Tanev for Drouin

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Canuck fan here SMH I am sorry for fellow fans posting crap like this :shakehead

Tanev's value is not even close to this! Not sure why people think his value is at top 2 value right now because it is not he is a top 4 for sure but not top 2 however BIG difference in value comparing a top 4 to a top 2.

Here we go again...

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
31 in 48 for Bo... .645PPG - 52Pt pace
30 in 41 for Drouin... .73PPG - 59Pt pace

career?

Hovat ,48PPG
Drouin .54PPG

Pretty damn close.... Especially when you consider quality of line-mates.

I love when people spout off and are quickly hit with the facts to disprove there statements

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
To be honest, this would be the ideal time to trade him. Because of his demand and hold out his value cratered. Now all that is in the past so it is fairly high.

WE WILL NOT TRADE JD!!!!!!!!

But really, why would the lightning do this? Tanev is simply incapable offensively, and we need a scoring blueliner to pair with Coburn. Also, value-wise, Drouin is worth, like, 4 tanevs.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
Well, you know Larsson brought back Hall. In a vacuum, I don't think the value is bad.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
31 in 48 for Bo... .645PPG - 52Pt pace
30 in 41 for Drouin... .73PPG - 59Pt pace

career?

Hovat ,48PPG
Drouin .54PPG

Pretty damn close.... Especially when you consider quality of line-mates.

What do you mean Drouin gets to play With Stamkos Johnson Palat Kucherov etc

Horvat plays with Baertchi Burrows Dorset etc

Big difference

Anyways if we BOMB the rest the way which is possible might as well esp as Tanev is made of glass and then look at this lineup next year assuming we get Patrick

Drouin Patrick Boeser
Baertchi Horvat Gaudette
Sedin Sedin Hansen
Gaunce Sutter Plug

Edler Stecher
Juolevi Tryamkin
Hutton Sbisa
Biega

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We are really going to include stats from Drouins rookie season, when he was playing 11 minutes a night with fourth liners? Smh

Heck no to the deal

Cquant

May 14, 2015
We are really going to include stats from Drouins rookie season, when he was playing 11 minutes a night with fourth liners? Smh

Heck no to the deal

Horvat started on the 4th line this year with Burrows and Dorsett.
Horvat played 4th line center for quite some bit in past years. You know, worked his way up.
Are we really going to add those stats to the bill too?

Mate. I get it. Drouin is flashy. We counter with: Horvat is now going to be an Allstar :yo:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Horvat started on the 4th line this year with Burrows and Dorsett.
Horvat played 4th line center for quite some bit in past years. You know, worked his way up.
Are we really going to add those stats to the bill too?

Mate. I get it. Drouin is flashy. We counter with: Horvat is now going to be an Allstar :yo:

Because they had to pick *someone* from the Canucks.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
To be honest, this would be the ideal time to trade him. Because of his demand and hold out his value cratered. Now all that is in the past so it is fairly high.

Right. And he is worth a lot more than Tanev.

scratchhayes*

Mar 24, 2016
Canucks fans overrate Tanev so much I laugh every time I read one of his threads. You realize Skjei in 47 games has already tied Tanev's career high for points. LOL! Granted, he's a defensive guy but so is Skjei. This is another example of a player that will get dealt and their will be hundreds of posters here stunned at how little the return was compared to what they expected.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Canucks fans overrate Tanev so much I laugh every time I read one of his threads. You realize Skjei in 47 games has already tied Tanev's career high for points. LOL! Granted, he's a defensive guy but so is Skjei. This is another example of a player that will get dealt and their will be hundreds of posters here stunned at how little the return was compared to what they expected.

Don't care about comparing players but the rest is valid.

He'll get a decent little package but I know of a bunch of nucks fans that expect something like Tavares back in a 1 for 1.

I feel like I die a little when I hear such stupidity

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Complete opposite players really. Depends on what you need. Both are equally important. Tanev is a top 3 shutdown defenseman in the league imo. Adavced stats don't lie and either does the eye test. His breakout's are elite as well. Just doesn't bring any offensve from the blue line in. He can transition well which leads to offense, so it's not completely a black hole. Also makes smart deisicions in the offensive zone. You could literally stick a pure offensive defenseman who's **** defensively with him and it'd work fine. Can single handedly shut down a corner or any player.

I don't see Benning trading that. Honestly I don't know why I keep seeing Tanev trades. No way Bnning trades his best defenseman. He wants to win hockey games. He's said multiple times they're not rebuilding.

Hedman Tanev would easily be the best defense paring in the NHL if they went that way

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Tanev is so overrated by Canuck fans. He has no skills in the offensive zone and as soft as a marshmallow fart. Plus for a soft player he sure gets hurt a lot so maybe he should really stay away from the intense playoffs

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
This is a deal I'd do as a Canucks fan. I love Chris Tanev and feel he brings so much to the table that isn't measured in statistical fashion but he's also very much misused in terms that he's perfect for contending teams with quality defenceman who can play offence as well but would benefit greatly from a steady defensive guy. Tampa has had troubles keeping the puck out this season and I don't feel a team with Ben Bishop and Vasi in the pipes should be allowing this amount of scoring against.
Whereas Vancouver gets that coveted young high skill forward. He compliments almost anyone on any roster and would instantly change the Canucks outlook offensively now with a Drouin/Horvat combo to rely on immediately post-Sedin era.

The fact so many wouldn't in this thread makes me feel it's a lot closer than people want to admit.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Tanev is so overrated by Canuck fans. He has no skills in the offensive zone and as soft as a marshmallow fart. Plus for a soft player he sure gets hurt a lot so maybe he should really stay away from the intense playoffs

He doesn't throw his weight around - as in hitting, but the guy battles hard, goes to the tough areas, and is always willing to take a hit to make the play. Even his injuries are mostly from blocking shots. Tanev is not soft. I don't think you really even know what you are talking about. Tanev was 170 lbs and did fine in the playoffs - against the 2011 Bruins of all teams.

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
I would do it as a Canucks fan too. If Tampa gets closer to playoff contention by the deadline, I think they would accept this too.

Drouin, Horvat, Boeser + Patrick/Hischier would be a great offensive core to build around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad