Proposal: Tanev for Drouin

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Vancouver: do you wanna trade your only player performing right now in a one for one?

Tampa: lol sure cause we didn't trade him when he asked so we probably would when he lives up to it all

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Vancouver: do you wanna trade your only player performing right now in a one for one?

Tampa: lol sure cause we didn't trade him when he asked so we probably would when he lives up to it all
To be honest, this would be the ideal time to trade him. Because of his demand and hold out his value cratered. Now all that is in the past so it is fairly high.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
To be honest, this would be the ideal time to trade him. Because of his demand and hold out his value cratered. Now all that is in the past so it is fairly high.

Except that now he is living up as the future elite playnaker for Stamkos. And as you said, all the issues are in the past. He's a cost controlled RFA to be, high scoring winger who is very young.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
How many threads do we need to shoot this one down in before Canucks fans stop proposing it?

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
Add Horvat and TB can add something small to medium sized

LOL, so we add a guy who is producing at the same rate as Drouin offensively, is twice as good defensively, and has actual leadership skills.

Mannnnnnn these flashy kids get waaaay over-rated on here:help:

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
I do to, I think that Johnson, Palat and Drouin all could be getting at least $4.75 million per if not even higher Johnson could even get around $5.5 million per i would imagine.

Hopefully they get capped at 4.75 so as to not go over Kucherov.

Pass on Tanev

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
LOL, so we add a guy who is producing at the same rate as Drouin offensively, is twice as good defensively, and has actual leadership skills.

Mannnnnnn these flashy kids get waaaay over-rated on here:help:

I'm a big Horvat fan.. but he is not producing at the same rate

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
TBL could also try to make this work for themselves cap wise by attaching 1 of Flip/Callahan/Coburn/Garrison in the deal.

1 for 1? Would not touch this if I were the TBL.

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
I'm a big Horvat fan.. but he is not producing at the same rate

31 in 48 for Bo... .645PPG - 52Pt pace
30 in 41 for Drouin... .73PPG - 59Pt pace

career?

Hovat ,48PPG
Drouin .54PPG

Pretty damn close.... Especially when you consider quality of line-mates.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think Drouin will get more than 4.45m a year...
Yzerman signed both Stamkos and Kucherov at well below market value so I wouldn't rule out him getting a bargain on Drouin as well. My gut feeling is Drouin holds himself in high regard and I think he will push for a bridge contract since he likely thinks he can earn more coming off that 2nd contract.

General framework of the trade makes sense to me, I think Tanev would help out Tampa Bay a ton and if you want to prioritize short term success over long term success it's a trade you make. If Tampa believes that Drouin will live upto his full potential though it is likely not a trade you would make as his value could be substantially higher than Tanev's in a couple of years.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Yzerman signed both Stamkos and Kucherov at well below market value so I wouldn't rule out him getting a bargain on Drouin as well. My gut feeling is Drouin holds himself in high regard and I think he will push for a bridge contract since he likely thinks he can earn more coming off that 2nd contract.

General framework of the trade makes sense to me, I think Tanev would help out Tampa Bay a ton and if you want to prioritize short term success over long term success it's a trade you make. If Tampa believes that Drouin will live upto his full potential though it is likely not a trade you would make as his value could be substantially higher than Tanev's in a couple of years.

Idk

Signing bridge contracts are going to be a ticking time bomb for the Bolts sooner or later

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
man, Canucks fans really just want to pawn Tanev off don't they

The guys making these proposals are obviously on team tank. Tanev is so good defensively that he harms the tank, so it kind of makes sense but is pretty short sighted in my opinion.

I would much rather keep him to act as the calming influence on our young defence. Especially since he's young enough that he can be a leader for the transition in the post Sedin days through to the next core.

RookiefantasyGM

Jan 18, 2016
Vancouver
Canuck fan here SMH I am sorry for fellow fans posting crap like this :shakehead

Tanev's value is not even close to this! Not sure why people think his value is at top 2 value right now because it is not he is a top 4 for sure but not top 2 however BIG difference in value comparing a top 4 to a top 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->