Confirmed with Link: Tanev (75% retained) to Dallas for 2024 2nd, Artem Grushnikov, conditional 3rd in 2026 (if Stars reach SCF)

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Big old pile of meh

Typical Flames luck though. Finally decide to sell the year after all the contenders have already traded all their first rounders.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
My expectations weren't set. Somehow I thought Hanafin might go first. Tough to lose Tanev because clearly he was respected in the room and then he was such a leader and player on the ice.

I'll go with the deal is probably fair and it didn't seem like we'd be keeping him no matter what. Sad day. Hope he loses to us in the western finals.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Had the opportunity to watch Grushnikov here in Hamilton (OHL). He steadily improved each season and was a calming presence in his own end who was able to chip in at times offensively. Always seemed to make a good first pass out of the zone or a smart play along the boards. Not afraid to use the body. He was a key cog during their OHL Championship run a few years ago. Has potential to fit into a top 4 role. You got a good one.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Welp.
It be what it be. A second and a recent second isn’t bad.

Conroy’s got a lot of picks to work with. Wish we’d have another first here; but maybe we can find some dance partners.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Reminds me of the russell trade, a recent 2nd rounder prospect yes, but sounds like development has been slow.
How has it been slow? He's been arguably the best defensive player on his team in his rookie pro season. What more can you expect from a stay at home defenseman

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
One thing that’s never mentioned in these deals is that Calgary has now built up an absolutely massive amount of cap space for next season to. Given how adamant Conroy has been about calling this a retool, I wonder how much of that is weaponized to add to this roster next year. We currently have 23 million in cap space next year, after bringing back Kylington and Pachal that will be closer to 19 million with the following roster (more if Calgary ditches Vladar this offseason which I think they will)

Huberdeau-x-Sharagovich
Zary-Kadri-Kuzmenko
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Greer-Pospisil-Duehr

Weegar-Andersson
Kylington-x
x-Pachal

Given how Calgary has remained competitive after losing some key pieces, Conroy may look to add a solid defensive second pair damn then swing for the fences on an offensive piece this offseason.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
One thing that’s never mentioned in these deals is that Calgary has now built up an absolutely massive amount of cap space for next season to.
Tanev was a pending UFA, next years cap space isn't mentioned because it's literally not a factor.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad