Post-Game Talk: Tampa takes season opener 5-2. Prepare for home opener Saturday

Who will score first Panthers goal of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Let's say it did, Bob is standing up, he shouldn't get beat over the shoulder like he's 5'2 or something.
I would partially agreee with this. I think mid season bob makes that save. But yes I think he was average too. One unreal save a few nice ones as well. The goal
Off the back wall was 100 his fault for losing the puck. Not sure why he would think it would bounce to other side from that angle. But again these games happen they got unreal bounces

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Some unfortunate bounces that when they happen against a good team like Tampa, will likely cost you the game.

The team played well and they battled hard for most of it. I would've preferred to see some bite from the Cats after that high hit on Weegar but they lacked a response there. Hopefully Q tells them what's up.

On to Saturday.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
First TB goal no Panther could even TOUCH the puck for at least a good 25 seconds, that is absolutely pathetic and Math clearly screened Bob on the play. Second TB goal goes off Trano and in, everyone was at least covering someone. Third TB goal you leave a player all alone in front of Bob, are you freaking kidding me??? Ek went to put a body on Killorn, but WTF is Math doing?? There are no other TB players around except a wide open Palat. Fourth TB goal you got Bob playing goalie, Math playing goalie, CV diving to block because of Math and Acciari also diving to block because of CV.....how about someone, ANYONE, clear any the Tampa player(s) in front of Bob instead of scratching your balls searching for where you lost the puck.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I'm thinking of starting a Panthers gifs twitter page. It's something I've been missing since COTP was a thing. Just feeling out if there's a demand here for me to sink my nighttimes to watching highlights and making gifs.

Also, is someone already doing this that I'm not seeing? I just miss having gifs.

My buddy, The Rat Trick does game day GIFs for most games. Spread the word.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Well, it looks like y'all got Healthy Strålman. Tried to tell people (Lightning fans and others) that his poor performance last season was due to injury (double hernia) not age/natural decline. What you saw tonight was classic Stråls.

Only tiny worry would be that he looked pretty tired in the third. But he himself said that he's still working on getting his conditioning back 100% after his surgery in May.

Lightning gave him a lovely tribute video and we fans gave him a Standing ovation. :puppy:

Glad to know he'll be appreciated as a Panther.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
When I see words like "pathetic" or "trash"... Or people putting the blame on Bob, or Dads, or anything...

I hope it is more sarcasm than real thoughts...

I'm wondering if we could build half a brain with the cells from half of this board sometimes.

It's not this team that is depressing, it's the lack of knowledge from its followers.

One game in, and I already don't want to hang around here anymore... Took me 3 or 4 last season.

Enjoy hockey for those who can ! ;)

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Specifically, watching kill shots thrown against guys wearing Panthers jerseys and hearing "2 minute minor penalty."

Honestly the 2 minute penalty is more than we usually get, so improvement on that front is nice. I see the black magic that keeps the puck out of the opposing net is still prevalent. Except for us, every stupid bounce ends up in our net #cursed

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
57%-43% possession Florida
16-13 scoring chancs for the Lightning
8-3 High danger scoring chances for the Lightning

Outplayed them until the 3rd
Florida Panthers @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 2019-10-03

Stralman was fantastic, Ekblad-MM were a mess and 3rd and 4th line were badly outplayed. 2nd line carried.

I liked the fourth line, they got a few scoring chances. Barky's line was ok but Dads missed couple of opportunities. Second line scored but I didn't see them having that much chemistry. Borgy's line looked the least impressive. Maybe try Hawk there instead of Malgin?

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
The team looked run down honestly. I'm not sure if theyre worn out from preseason or Q drills, but they didnt have any Oomph. I noticed that during the 1st intermission, Huberdeau gave a short interview and he was out of breath the whole time. I think conditioning may be an issue. Anyone else agree?

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
If I remember correctly, isn't this Mike Kitchen the same guy that ran our pathetic and horrendous PP/PK back about 10 years or so? That might be the reason that we did not look so good on the kill last night. I can't check google for some reason to find out if he's the same guy. Anyway lets give it about 5 games before we have to cancel the parade.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
If I remember correctly, isn't this Mike Kitchen the same guy that ran our pathetic and horrendous PP/PK back about 10 years or so? That might be the reason that we did not look so good on the kill last night. I can't check google for some reason to find out if he's the same guy. Anyway lets give it about 5 games before we have to cancel the parade.

That needs to be fixed ASAP. It was way too passive and guys were collapsing way too low into the slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad