Post-Game Talk: Tampa takes season opener 5-2. Prepare for home opener Saturday

Who will score first Panthers goal of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
hahaha, where did I say it was Bob fault? lmao
I said he was average and he should be better...never said he could have done anything to get us the win or that the loss is on him...don't panic and invent stuff.
Bob was better than average. But then again I’m used to watching that monstrosity from last year so we might have different definitions.

Reactions: RainingRats

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
hahaha, where did I say it was Bob fault? lmao
I said he was average and he should be better...never said he could have done anything to get us the win or that the loss is on him...don't panic and invent stuff.
How was he average? Genuinely curious. He guessed wrong on one goal when the puck flew off the boards onto the lightning player's stick, Matheson screened him on one, two deflections/bounces you cannot expect your goalie to stop. He made an insane save that most goalies could not make. If anything he was above average.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Can win 1 of 2 at home vs Tampa and the Canes, take 2 of 3 in New York, and be ok at 3-3. Just terrified of last years start.

This game reminds of of last years opener, look good and lose

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They need to have at least a DECENT October. No more garbage starts where they have to make up ground the rest of the season.

Reactions: Vilam

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Really liking the play of our role players tonight... Weegar, Brown, Acciari, Hunt..

I agree with everything but the bolded. Brown deserves to sit next game.

Wow then a goal like that goes in. Puck luck is ridiculous.

Knucklepuck time

That was Mighty Duckesque.

He looks much better now. It's the Q effect.

This kind of play has nothing to do with the "system" and that's why I'm so concerned about Matheson.

It's like Matheson just doesn't "see" the game.

I missed he first half of the game, so I'm not gonna judge his game on this particular play, but that particular play is the perfect game example of what has been wrong with him since last year. Bad decisions on routine plays

exactly. his issues are system agnostic.

Math's had a very bi polar game here. Great and ****ty.

I read an article this summer where MM said he was working a lot on his mental game. He felt if he made a mistake last year it just started to snowball and the game eventually got out of control. I could kind of see that tonight, as he had a good first two periods I thought, but then started to get worse in the third. Hopefully he can keep working on improving this and good things will start to come his way.

I forgot huberdeau takes a month to get going lol

Yes, and it's so frustrating. It keeps reminding me of his old self, which I loathe. I thought he used to be lazy and a bad skater. I hope he doesn't show more of that player like he did tonight.

Stralman, Trocheck, Bob, and the fourth line were bright spots for me. Weegar too. If Tro is back that would be a huge boost.

PK/being down a man really hurt us. I think 4 of the goals were down a man or a PK just ended
Agree with everything, except Scve had a rough game. Might even be worth taking a look into sitting him for Hawk next game.

There weren't many defensive breakdowns tonight though. 4 of the goals were either because we were down a man or a penalty just expired. We need to fix our PK/being down a man coverage. PK was great last year...

I feel like last year it took awhile for the PK to get going. I could be wrong, but I thought it started slow.

Reactions: RainingRats

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Bob was better than average. But then again I’m used to watching that monstrosity from last year so we might have different definitions.

How was he average? Genuinely curious. He guessed wrong on one goal when the puck flew off the boards onto the lightning player's stick, Matheson screened him on one, two deflections/bounces you cannot expect your goalie to stop. He made an insane save that most goalies could not make. If anything he was above average.
My god, such incredibly low standards. Second goal was terrible and any goalie should stop a fluffer from the point. It was not even deflected.
So one easy goal in, one amazing save...average.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Barky not very happy

You can tell Barkey is just chomping at the bit to get back playing against these guys. I think he knows he had a weak game, and he knows himself that he can do better.

I love the attitude at the end where he just said a bunch of times we need to learn how to win.

They just need to find that Killer Instint, then watch out!

I have the utmost confidence in Q.

It's exactly like I was saying with MM, played a good first two periods, then not so good in the third.

I'm sure they're going to have a real explosive practice before the home opener. Maybe look for a couple lineup changes:
Psysk for Brown
Hawk for Scve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad