Friedman: Tampa still looking at right shot D

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
We’d be lucky to get Foote straight up. Plus lightning want to shed cap not add to it.

Tanev is only signed for 4.4 million for another year.

Tell me where they can get a dman of this quality for this price?

We will take Callahan back as a cap dump or someone else. Or we will retain some salary on Tanevs contract.

You have to give to get. And I disagree. Foote and a 2nd is more than fair for both sides.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

We will take Callahan back as a cap dump or someone else. Or we will retain some salary on Tanevs contract.

You have to give to get. And I disagree. Foote and a 2nd is more than fair for both sides.
I am a Canucks fan and would obviously like that deal... just don’t think that lightning would go for it. Would definitely have to include Callahan. But doesn’t sound like they want to move Foote.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Tanev is great, but we need Foote more than Tanev. Foote is trending upwards, developing on pace, and is cost controlled. We can't trade our second this year either. And Callahan would never have Vancouver on his trade list. So no to all of your trade.

EDIT:

Also we refused to move Foote for Karlsson or McDonagh. What makes you think Tanev deserves it?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We need to find out what teams are on Coburns no trade list. We are already carrying 7D and sitting one nightly. Makes no sense to bring in an 8th D and sit two guys. We already traded Koekkoek for someone who cleared waivers because we were tired of scratching him. If we bring in a RD it has to have Coburn going the other way or in another deal and then we will just rotate Cernak and Girardi as the 3rd and keep Sergachev full time on the left.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Well because Karlsson will cost 12 million dollars 1st of all. Mcdonagh brought back quite the haul to NY..

Also Yzerman was in control before.

Karlsson wouldn’t have been getting that money if he signed here. McDonagh trade was alright still early to judge if they got anything good from the haul.

We also have JBB now who has been working with Yzerman for a while, I think he will knew how to deal with trades and won’t give up arguably he’s best prospect.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Well because Karlsson will cost 12 million dollars 1st of all. Mcdonagh brought back quite the haul to NY..

Also Yzerman was in control before.

1 when that offer was happening, he still had this year remaining on his contract. McDonagh brought back lesser prospects from us because we didn't want to give up Foote, Point, or Sergachev. Yzerman is still involved in day to day business and Brisebois was his right hand since Yzerman has been hired. So if you want to keep making up stuff to make it seem Tanev's 55 games a year is greater than Karlsson and McDonagh, then all the power to you. But know the rest of the league isn't that delusional.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
1 when that offer was happening, he still had this year remaining on his contract. McDonagh brought back lesser prospects from us because we didn't want to give up Foote, Point, or Sergachev. Yzerman is still involved in day to day business and Brisebois was his right hand since Yzerman has been hired. So if you want to keep making up stuff to make it seem Tanev's 55 games a year is greater than Karlsson and McDonagh, then all the power to you. But know the rest of the league isn't that delusional.

Yeah. I'm done talking to you jagoff.

Why is it so difficult to talk hockey on this forum without people acting like compete d-bags if someone has a differing opinion?

If you think a top prospect and a 2nd round pick is too much to ask for our #1 dman that's your opinion.

Just because you disagree with me I'm making **** up? Tanev is on pace to play 75 or so games this year. Who's the one making **** up here?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Just for comparison kempny, Davidson and cole all went for 3rd rounders last deadline. I would say some of the names being thrown out there are worth a bit more... Muzzin who has term fetched 1st and 2 decent prospects. So I’d say the value would be somewhere in between.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Yeah. I'm done talking to you jagoff.

Why is it so difficult to talk hockey on this forum without people acting like compete d-bags if someone has a differing opinion?

If you think a top prospect and a 2nd round pick is too much to ask for our #1 dman that's your opinion.

Just because you disagree with me I'm making **** up? Tanev is on pace to play 75 or so games this year. Who's the one making **** up here?
You're #1 doesn't equate as a #1 anywhere else. Is that a hard concept to follow?

You're right, I was wrong. Tanev over his career, where he was a full time NHL'er averages 59.6 games a season. So lets round that to 60. His career average for missing games is 22. Let that sink in.

Again, just because he is a #1 on Vancouver with their horrible D, it doesn't mean he would be a #1 anywhere else.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Pbvsyxu.png

EK, RHD - Leafs can blow

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I never got an answer on this one.

To Tampa: Justin Braun + San Jose 2019 2nd

To San Jose: Tampa Bay 2019 1st (becomes 2020 1st if Tampa wins the Cup) + Tampa Bay 2019 3rd

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Tampa scouts frequented Kings games until Martinez got hurt.

We’re not competing for the next 2-3 seasons do what would Amart with a million retained nets us from the TBL?? This plus 2 more seasons at $3 mill for a top 4 Dman is pretty nice! By top 4 I literally mean your #4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad